Crazy little Kim Jong Un of North Korea has some competition for “Bat-Crap-Craziest Leader of a Small Country.” Filipino President Rodrigo Duterte, who famously called Barack Obama “a son of a whore” and has orchestrated the deaths of more than a thousand drug dealers without trials, is in the news again.
Duterte has dared the United States government, via the CIA, to try to remove him from power. He made the remarks at his 100 Days in Office speech.
“You want to oust me?” Duterte said in the southern city of Davao, reports Channel News Asia. “You want to use the CIA? Go ahead.”
Duterte has caused international outrage over his violent and usually fatal crackdown on drug dealers. So far his ‘purge’ has resulted in over 1,500 deaths at the hand of the country police force and a couple of thousand more in ‘unexplained circumstances’.
There are rumors that some of his own countrymen may have the idea of ousting him and to that he said:
“Be my guest. I don’t give a shit…I’ll be ousted? Fine. (If so) it’s part of my destiny. Destiny carries so many things. If I die, that’s part of my destiny. Presidents get assassinated.”
Relations between the Philipines and the United States have become strained of late…which I get, you can’t really call the president of the United States the son of a whore, without a bit of a blowback.
Duterte wants to reduce his country’s dependence on the United States and increase his
dependence links with China and Russia. This is something the West is keen to avoid considering the tensions between China and the West over their actions in the South China Sea and their trading ties with North Korea. The situation in Syria and the opposing stances of Washington and Moscow doesn’t make Russia an ideal choice of replacement for the U.S. either.
On September 29 Duterte said the joint US-Filipino navy drills being conducted this week would be the last between the two countries.
“I am serving notice to the Americans, this will be the last military exercise,” the president said. “Jointly, Philippines-U.S.: the last one.”
Earlier this year, in March, The United States announced it was considering a further FIVE military bases in the Philippines and at this point nothing has been said by the government of either country regarding furthering the proposal. The bases would see a permanent U.S. military presence in the Philippines. The proposed sites are:
For those of you that missed Duterte’s outburst, here it is…it’s a must see.
Video: You Tube
Article first posted at DaisyLuther.com
The post Filipino President Says No To US Military Presence, Invites CIA To Assassinate Him appeared first on The Sleuth Journal.