(Before It's News)
Book By Book
Better Late Than Never?
That's pretty much my life motto, and it certainly applies here. It just occurred to me recently that my Big Book Summer Reading Challenge finished up at the beginning of September, but I never did the end-of-challenge giveaway! Well, that will just make it more special for the winner now, right?
I considered everyone who participated in the challenge, both bloggers who left their sign-up links on the challenge page, and readers from Goodreads who signed up in the Big Book Summer group there. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to include those living outside of the U.S. – the shipping costs are just too high (more than the value of the book!). I used the random number generator at random.com, and the winner is….
Jada has a wonderful blog featuring book reviews and other bookish fun, so head over there to check it out!
Jada, you get to choose one Big Book from the following list. They are all over 400 pages, and they have all been (gently) read and enjoyed but are in good shape:
- NOS4A2 by Joe Hill, a horror thriller read by my husband (Hill is Stephen King's son)
- The Secret History by Donna Tartt, a drama set on a college campus with a murder at its center
- The Marvels by Brian Selznick, a unique middle-grade novel told in drawings and text that I read for Big Book Summer this year and loved.
- The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer, a drama that follows a group of friends from art camp in their teens through their adult lives – I read it for last year's Big Book Summer & enjoyed it.
- The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater, YA fantasy novel and book 4 in The Raven Cycle.
- Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese – an epic story about twin brothers who grow up in a hospital in Ethiopa.
Hope you will join the fun for next year's Big Book Summer Challenge!
You may now return to your regularly scheduled fall…