The children’s homewares market grew by 1.6% in 2015 to reach £1,612m, predominantly driven by the maturing ‘mini baby boomers’ group, a result of the spike in birth rates across 2010-2012. As these babies have grown into toddlers and young children, their parents have increased their spending on products such as beds, bedding, bathroom linens, and furnishings for nurseries and children’s bedrooms.
- The decoratives segment enjoyed strong growth of 1.6%, as easing pressures on disposable incomes encouraged parents to splash out on updating rooms for their children.
- With competition intensifying, the children’s homewares market has become highly fragmented, with the market leader Argos only occupying a 7.9% share. This share is expected to decline going forward, as the catalogue-turned-digital retailer struggles to maintain relevance in the face of heavy discounting and online competition.
- Over half (50.5%) of children’s homewares purchases are made in-store, with consumers preferring to touch and feel products before they buy them. To this end, decoratives (61.3%) and linens (60.3%) are the most likely to have been bought in store, reflecting the tactile and aesthetic nature of these products. That being said, online usage varies within product sub-categories; 41.1% of beds purchases were made online versus 43.7% in-store, reflecting the more considered, bulkier nature of these purchases.
Get sample report at @ : https://marketreportscenter.com/request-sample/418850
Children’s Homewares explores growth trends, opportunities, inhibitors and future success strategies in the UK children’s homewares market. It includes the latest market sizes for beds, soft furnishings and decoratives and market shares for the leading players.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Issues and Strategies
- The Market
- The Retailers
- The Consumer
Browse full report with TOC @ : https://marketreportscenter.com/reports/418850/childrens-homewares
Reasons To Buy
- Utilize the detailed data and insight on the market to help form an effective growth strategy across the market
- Understand your target demographic and their key issues and demands
- Identify the opportunities to grow business in this sector.
- Understand the journey of consumers throughout the process of purchases.
Receive Discount at @ : https://marketreportscenter.com/request-discount/418850