The telecommunications market in the UAE will grow at a CAGR of 3.7% over 2016-2021, driven by the growth in the fixed and mobile data segments. Mobile data and fixed broadband revenue will grow, owing to the increasing adoption of 4G networks and fiber-optic technology. Fixed VoIP will be the fastest-growing segment aided by the growing adoption of triple-play services. Operators should focus on further diversifying their service portfolios by offering multiplay services to the residential segment and targeting M2M/IoT to business customers
- Overall telecom service revenue in UAE is estimated to increase by 3.7% over 2016-2021.
- The telecommunications market in UAE will see service revenue growth boosted by mobile data, fixed VoIP and fixed broadband segments.
- 4G will replace 3G as the largest adopted technology by 2019 as 4G network coverage expands and as appetite for faster speeds and additional content increases.
- The top two operators, Du and Etisalat, will account for 97.5% of the telecom market in UAE. Competition is expected to increase further following the implementation of fixed network-sharing agreements by the regulator
UAE: Operator Investments in Fiber, 4G and 5G Technologies to Support Data Revenue Growth,’ a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in the UAE today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in the UAE compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in the UAE.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed/pay-TV and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2016 to 2021.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in the UAE’s telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
Reasons to Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of the UAE’s telecommunications and pay-TV markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Pyramid Research’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in the UAE’s mobile communications, fixed telephony/VoIP, broadband and pay-TV markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in the UAE’s telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in the UAE.
Table of Contents
Market and competitor overview
Economic, demographic and political context
Major market players
Over all market opportunities
Partner Relations & Marketing Manager
Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (US)
Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (UK)
Get in touch: