“Insight Report: The Future of Consumer Payments – Contactless Cards or NFC Mobile?” report analyzes the evolution of contactless payments and its impact on participants in the payment value chain. The report further explores the status of contactless payments globally and the regional differences in adoption. It provides detailed insights on the contactless payments market across geographies such as Europe, North and South America, the Asia-Pacific, and the Middle East and Africa.
The report also provides detailed insights on some of the key indicators such as global contactless transaction value, contactless card shipment, NFC payments and number of contactless POS terminals.
“Insight Report: The Future of Consumer Payments – Contactless Cards or NFC Mobile?” report provides market analysis, information and insights on contactless payments globally, including:
• Current and forecast analysis of contactless payment market, including previous and future market growth.
• Comprehensive analysis of contactless payments through cards and mobile handsets.
• Insights on the evolution and the level of adoption of contactless payments across geographies.
• Comprehensive analysis on the impact of contactless on payment participants, including consumers, merchants, PSPs and card schemes.
• Provides a comprehensive analysis of the contactless payments market across the world.
• Provides current value and forecast analysis of the contactless payments market.
• Covers regional analysis with respect to contactless cards and NFC mobile payments.
• Assess the impact of contactless on participants on the payment value chain.
• Understand the regional differences in the adoption of contactless.
Reasons To Buy
• Gain understanding of the future of consumer payments, including contactless cards and NFC mobile.
• Gain insights into the evolution of contactless payments.
• Understand the impact of contactless on payment participants, including PSPs, merchants, schemes and consumers.
• Understand why some regions are falling behind while others are developed.
• Understand the impact of EMV migration on contactless payments.
• Estimates that US$358 billion in contactless transactions will be made in 2016, through both cards and mobile devices, on 23 million contactless-enabled POS terminals globally.
• While most contactless payments globally are still card-based, near-field communication (NFC) mobile payments are likely to grow faster than contactless card payments.
• Australia, Europe and Canada account for the majority of contactless card payments globally, while the US leads in mobile NFC payments.
• Mass transit systems are one of the largest markets for contactless transactions, and as a result, they have played a key role in the promotion and adoption of contactless.
Key points in table of content
1 Definitions and Methodology
2 Executive Summary
3 The Evolution of Contactless Payments
4 The Impact of Contactless on Payment Participants
5 The Status of Contactless Payments: Global Overview
6 Regional Differences in Adoption of Contactless
6.1.1 Contactless cards in key countries
6.1.2 Regional overview
6.1.3 Contactless payments market size and future outlook
6.1.4 Key trends and insights
6.2 North and South America
6.2.1 Regional overview
6.2.2 Key trends and insights
6.3.1 Regional overview
6.3.2 Key trends and insights
6.4 The Middle East and Africa
6.4.1 Regional overview
List of Tables
Table 1: Key Definitions
Table 2: Contactless Payments Cost-Benefit Analysis for PSPs
Table 3: Contactless Payments Cost-Benefit Analysis for Consumers
Table 4: Europe – Number of Contactless Cards in Circulation, 2014–2015
Table 5: Europe – Contactless Adoption Overview
Table 6: Europe Contactless Payments – Market Size and Outlook
Table 7: North and South America – Contactless Adoption Overview
Table 8: Asia-Pacific – Contactless Adoption Overview
List of Figures
Figure 1: Evolution of Contactless Payment Modes
Figure 2: New Smartphone Subscriber Addition by Region, 2015–2021
Figure 3: Global Contactless Transaction Value, 2015–2020
Figure 4: Global Contactless Card Shipment, 2010–2015
Figure 5: Global POS Terminals, 2013–2020
Figure 6: Global Contactless Cards Transaction Value, 2015–2020
Figure 7: Global Mobile NFC Payments, 2015–2020
Figure 8: Status of Contactless Adoption
Figure 9: Europe – Contactless Payments Adoption Rate
Figure 10: Europe – Number of Contactless Cards, Transaction Value and Volume, 2013–2020
Figure 11: The US – EMV Migration Status, 2012–2016
Figure 12: The US – Number of EMV/NFC capable POS Terminals, 2012–2016
Figure 13: Octopus Card – Facts and Figures – 2016
Figure 14: NAB Pay Transaction Breakdown, January – April 2016
Partner Relations & Marketing Manager
Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (US)
Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (UK)