The global polyolefins market is estimated at USD XX.XX million tons in 2014. It is projected to reach USD XX.XX million tons by 2020, at a CAGR of 4.62% during the forecast period. Polyolefins are a class of polymers produced from one monomer (or olefin) consisting of only hydrogen and carbon atoms. They are high molecular weight hydrocarbons. The polyolefin is determined by their degree of crystallinity and molecular weight. Owing to excellent chemical resistance, they are unaffected by the common solvents and cannot be bonded or joined using solvent welding.
Polyolefin, owing to their chemical stability and excellent chemical resistance properties, is becoming an integral part of numerous industrial and commercial applications. In the global polyolefin market report, we have taken the following major end-user sectors into consideration: packaging, construction, transportation, electrical and electronics, consumer goods, healthcare/medical, and Others.
The market is driven by a number of factors, such as increasing demand from the construction sector, shifting focus of end-users towards flexible packaging, and changing raw material supply scenario. The factors that restrain this market include growing environmental concerns, and high capacity-to-demand ratio. These may act as a roadblock to the growth of the market.
The global polyolefins market, by type, can be broadly segmented into polyethylene (pe), polypropylene (pp), polybutene, and others. The polyethylene segment accounted for the highest share of the global polyolefins market in 2014. The market has also been divided according to application into: Film and Sheet, Blow Molding, Injection Molding, Fibers, and Others.
The market has been geographically segmented into Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, South America, and Middle-East and Africa. Asia-Pacific dominates the global polyolefins market, owing to the consistently increasing industrial and construction activities in the region. It is expected to dominate the market for the next five years, with its largest market share, and is expected to be the fastest growing market during the forecast period.
Furthermore, the growing demand and focus towards green polyolefins and rising demand for highly reactive polybutene will offer numerous opportunities in the growth of the global polyolefins market. Some of the major companies dominating this market for its products, services, and continuous product developments are SABIC (Saudi Basic Industries Corp.), PetroChina Co. Ltd., Sinopec, BASF SE, Bayer MS, National Petrochemical Co., and Formosa Plastics Group.
SPECIALITIES OF THIS REPORT
1) The report will be useful in gaining an exhaustive understanding of the regional market. It will also be of assistance in providing a comprehensive analysis of the major trends, innovations and associated prospects for market growth over the coming half a decade.
2) The report will be an ideal source material for industry consultants, manufacturers and other interested and allied parties to gain a critical insight into the factors driving and restraining the market, in addition to opportunities offered.
3) The report contains wide range of information about the leading market players and the major strategies adopted by them.
WHAT THE REPORT OFFERS
1) Market Definition along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2) Market analysis with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
5) Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the industry on both global and regional scale.
6) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Key points in table of content
1.2 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Polyolefins Market
3.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.3 Raw Material/Feedstock Analysis
3.3.1 Crude Oil Outlook
3.3.2 Ethylene Outlook
3.3.3 Propylene Outlook
3.4 Technological Snapshot
3.5 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s 5 Force Analysis
3.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.5.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Shift in End-user Prefernece Towards Flexible Packaging
4.1.2 New Applications
4.1.3 Demand from Construction Sector
4.1.4 Changing Raw Material Supply Scenario
4.2.1 High Capacity-To-Demand Ratio
4.2.2 Growing Environmental Concerns
4.3.1 Growing Focus on Green Polyolefin
4.3.2 Demand for Highly Reactive Polybutene
4.3.3 Growth of End-user Markets
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis
5.1 By Type
5.1.1 Polyethylene (PE)
184.108.40.206 High-density Polyethylene (HDPE)
220.127.116.11 Low-density Polyethylene (LDPE)
18.104.22.168 Linear Low Density Polyethylene (LLDPE)
5.1.2 Polypropylene (PP)
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Film & Sheet
5.2.2 Blow Molding
5.2.3 Injection Molding
5.3 By End-user
5.3.4 Electrical & Electronics
5.3.5 Consumer Goods
6. Regional Market Analysis (Market size, growth and forecast)
6.1.2 South Korea
6.1.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.2 North America
6.2.1 United States
6.2.4 Rest of North America
6.3.2 United Kingdom
6.3.5 Rest of Europe
6.4 South America
6.4.3 Rest of South America
6.5.1 Saudi Arabia
6.5.2 South Africa
6.5.3 Rest of MEA
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
7.2 Joint Ventures, Collaborations and Agreements
7.3 Market Share Analysis
7.4 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8. Future of Polyolefins Market
8.1 Bio-based Polyolefins
9. Company Profiles (Overview, Products & Services, Financials, Recent Developments)
9.1 Abu Dhabi Polymers Company Limited (Borouge)
9.2 Al-Jubail Petrochemical
9.3 Arkema S.A.
9.4 BASF SE
9.5 Bayer MS
9.6 Borealis AG
9.7 Braskem SA
9.8 Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LLC
9.9 China National Petroleum Corporation
9.10 China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation (Sinopec)
9.12 Dow Chemical Company
9.14 Eni SpA
9.15 Exxon Mobil Corporation
9.16 Formosa Plastics Group
9.17 Ineos Group AG
9.18 Japan Polypropylene Corporation
9.19 Lanxess AG
9.20 LG Chem Limited
9.21 Lotte Chemical Corporation
9.22 Lyondellbasell Industries NV
9.23 Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation
9.24 Mitsui Chemicals Incorporated
9.25 MOL Hungarian Oil and Gas plc
9.26 National Petrochemical Company Iran
9.27 Nova Chemicals Corporation
9.28 Ylem Technology
9.29 Owens Corning
9.30 Petkim PetroKimya Holding AS
9.31 PetroChina Company Limited
9.32 Petróleos Mexicanos SA
9.33 Petroliam Nasional Berhad
9.34 Polski Koncern Naftowy Orlen SA
9.35 PS Japan Corporation
9.36 PTT Global Chemical Public Company Limited
9.37 Qatar Petroleum
9.38 Qenos Pty Limited
9.39 Reliance Industries Limited
9.40 Repsol SA
9.41 SABIC (Saudi Basic Industries Corporation)
9.42 Sasol Ltd
9.43 Shandong Oriental Macro Industry Chemical
9.44 Sumitomo Chemical Company Limited
9.45 Tosoh Corporation
9.46 Total SA
9.48 Westlake Chemical Corporation
Partner Relations & Marketing Manager
Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (US)
Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (UK)