The Global Remote Patient Monitoring market is poised to reach $1784 million by 2020 growing at a CAGR of 10.6%. Remote patient monitoring (RPM), also called homecare telehealth, is a category of ambulatory healthcare that permits a patient to use a mobile medical device to accomplish a routine test and guide the test data to a healthcare expert in real-time. RPM technology comprises day-to-day monitoring devices such as glucose meters for patients with diabetes and heart or blood pressure monitors for patients getting cardiac care. Information can be sent to a physician’s workplace by using a special telehealth computer system, by using a special software application installed on the patient’s Internet-capable computer, smartphone or tablet PC.
Currently, the global market is dominated by the North America region followed by the likes of Europe. Asia Pacific is the fastest growing segment. The Global Remote Patient Monitoring market can be segmented on the basis of type of device (Heart monitors, Breath Monitors, Hematology monitors and Multi Parameter monitors), End user (Home healthcare, Clinics, Hospitals and Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East & Africa).
Drivers Increase in the chronic disease population, increase in the aging population, and demand for home based monitoring devices are all the major factors driving the growth of the patient care monitoring market. The need to contain the average healthcare expenditure is one of the major reason driving the growth of the market.
Restraints Resistance from the healthcare industry professionals towards the adoption of the patient monitoring system, lack of proper reimbursement policies and stringent regulatory framework are the challenges faced by the Patient monitoring equipment market.
What the report offers
1. Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2. Market analysis for the Global RemotePatient Monitoring Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
5. Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the Global RemotePatient Monitoring market on both global and regional scale.
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Key points in table of content
Review and forecast period years
General Study Assumptions
Econometric forecast models
MARKET OVERVIEW AND INDUSTRY TRENDS
Current market scenario
New developments in therapeutics
Porters Five Force Analysis
Bargaining Power of suppliers
Bargaining power of buyers
Degree of competition
Threat of substitution
Threat of new entrants
DRIVERS, RESTRAINTS, OPPORTUNITIES AND CHALLENGES ANALYSIS (DROC)
Rising incidences of chronic diseases due to lifestyle changes
Increase in aging population
Need to contain healthcare expenditure
Demand for home based monitoring devices
Ease of use and portability devices to promote the growth
Resistance from the healthcare industry professional towards the adoption of Patient monitoring systems
Stringent Regulatory Framework
Lack of proper reimbursement
Favorable government initiatives
Growing contribution of independent organization for growth
Technological advancements in monitoring devices
Unstable reimbursement policies
High cost of the devices in economically constrained countries
GLOBAL REMOTE PATIENT MONITORING SYSTEM MARKET SEGMENTATION
By Type of Device
By End User
GLOBAL REMOTE PATIENT MONITORING SYSTEM MARKET SEGMENTATION BY GEOGRAPHY – REGIONAL SHARES AND FORECAST
North America (NA)
Spain and Portugal
Australia and New Zealand
Rest of Asia Pacific
Middle East and Africa (MEA)
Rest of MEA
Rest of Latin America
Merger and Acquisition Analysis
AMD Global Telemedicine
Johnson & Johnson
Proteus Digital Health
Second Opinion Telemedicine Schiller AG
ANALYST OUTLOOK FOR INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES
FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MARKET
Partner Relations & Marketing Manager
Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (US)
Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (UK)