The insatiable demand for continuous broadband connectivity has turned mobile data into a revenue growth engine for mobile network operators (MNO). Operators are exploring diverse approaches to attract users and grow mobile data revenue, including network-centric, user-centric and WiFi-centric strategies. Some leading operators are building scale and revenue share through technological and performance leadership. Other operators are leveraging their powerful user analytics capabilities to design differentiated packaging and compelling offers to drive mobile data uptake and usage. In addition, MNOs are increasingly exploiting synergies stemming from WiFi connectivity, making WiFi a key element of the mobile broadband service proposition.
The Report is structured as follows:
- Introduction: Mobile data opportunities and challenges. This section provides an overview of the growth opportunities in mobile data and the challenges faced by the operators in a changing competitive and regulatory landscape.
- Section 1: Mobile broadband as a catalyst of growth. Here we explore four key business drivers that are generating increased focus and investments in mobile data globally.
- Section 2: Key approaches to mobile data monetization. This section examines three different approaches to monetizing mobile data, their key elements, impact and evolution.
- Section 3: Case studies – Mobile data strategies. Each case study offers a detailed analysis of the business drivers, approach and strategies taken by the provider to monetize mobile data, as well as the business impact and outlook in mobile data. Operators featured are America Móvil, AT&T, British Telecom (EE), China Telecom, Telefónica.
- Section 4: WiFi monetization approaches. Here we examine the evolution of commercial models for WiFi and provide case studies of two WiFi providers disrupting the space with unique models, Boingo and Google.
- Section 5: Key findings and recommendations. We conclude with a summary of our findings on the key mobile data and WiFI monetization strategies around the world, as well as specific recommendations for network operators looking to increase their mobile data revenue.
For more information about this report at http://www.reportsweb.com/mobile-data-and-wifi-monetization-convergent-and-user-centric-offers-take-center-stage
- Mobile broadband has become a primary revenue growth engine for MNOs around the world. Operators are responding to the mobile data opportunity with converged services portfolios and multi-play offers. Big data analytics are increasingly being leveraged to come up with accurate data pricing, bundling and marketing strategies for mobile data.
- Mobile operators take multiple approaches to mobile data monetization. Some strategies emphasize network performance, some focus on user drivers, and some position WiFi as a core service. Network-centric monetization strategies leverage technological leadership while user-centric models focus on the needs and preferences of customers. WiFi-centric models position WiFi as a key element of the overall broadband value proposition.
- WiFi is gaining importance among operators both as a tool to provide seamless broadband connectivity and as a services platform. Mobile network operators are leveraging WiFi to retain customers, increase their spend share and reduce network costs. While MNOs and WiFi infrastructure providers expand their WiFi hotspot footprint, emerging models such as WiFi First are changing the rules of the game.
Reason to Buy
- ‘Mobile Data and WiFi Monetization: Convergent and user-centric offers take center stage’ provides a comprehensive analysis of key monetization models and market strategies for mobile data that are being employed across the world, helping executives at MNOs, fixed telcos and pay-TV providers make informed strategic decisions. By understanding the approaches and successful strategies of leading market players, telecom executives can formulate strategies to retain customers, generate revenue growth and navigate safely in the face of disruptive competition.
- The report’s forward-looking analysis of key business drivers and monetization models for mobile data helps providers assess the potential impact of mobile data on their business and identify related opportunities. The case studies focus on how mobile operators and WiFi providers in 5 developed and emerging markets are tapping the mobile broadband opportunity, allowing executives to refine their strategies.
- The report’s recommendations are based on real strategies employed by network operators to position themselves to take advantage of the mobile data revenue opportunity and increase their participation in the mobile broadband services space. Network operators can benefit from strategies such as leveraging big data to design user-centric offers and positioning WiFi as a key tool for sustainable customer satisfaction and revenue growth.
Request a sample copy at http://www.reportsweb.com/inquiry&RW00020653/sample
Tables of Content:
Table of contents
Introduction: Mobile data opportunity and challenges
Section 1: Mobile broadband as a catalyst of growth
Overview of business drivers for mobile broadband
Mobile data as a driver of revenue growth
Service convergence strategies
Evolution of WiFi positioning in the mobile market
Emergence of big data-driven monetization strategies
Section 2: Key models for mobile data monetization
Section 3: Mobile data monetization approaches and selected strategies of leading mobile operators
Case study: China Telecom
Case study: Telefónica
Case study: AT&T
Case study: British Telecom
Case study: América Móvil
Section 4: WiFi monetization approaches
Current and emerging WiFi monetization models
Case study: Google
Case study: Boingo
Section 5: Key findings and recommendations
About Pyramid Research
Ask for Discount at http://www.reportsweb.com/inquiry&RW00020653/discount