This report provides in-depth qualitative and quantitative analyses of global and regional trends that have shaped the current healthcare PE and VC landscape, particularly from 2006 to 2015. It provides multilevel analyses that identify geographical markets and therapy areas attracting noteworthy investments. Analyses of key investment indicators in the US, including levels of fundraising activities by PE and VC companies, VC investments by industry sector, and VC-backed exits and venture financing trends – particularly for early-stage healthcare companies – are also included.
Information from our robust, industry-leading databases shows that global values of completed equity offerings in the healthcare industry are continuing their upward trend, reaching record highs in recent years. Quantitative analyses of equity offerings in the healthcare sector from 2006 to 2015 are provided alongside trends in healthcare VC-backed initial public offerings (IPOs) in the US. Top healthcare IPOs are reviewed in detail, with company profiles that include product pipelines showing therapy areas of focus, indications and product development stages.
For more information about this report at http://www.reportsweb.com/strategic-trends-in-private-equity-and-venture-capital-funding-for-healthcare
- How important are PE and VC funds to the future development of the healthcare industry?
- How does the venture-backed healthcare innovation model work?
- What have been the global trends in healthcare PE and VC over the last decade in terms of deal activity (volume) and value?
- Which geographical markets are attracting noteworthy healthcare investments from PE and VC firms, and which will drive investments in the future?
- Which therapy areas attracted the most PE and VC investments by value in the last two years and what are the reasons for these trends?
- How much capital did the top healthcare PE and VC deals raise in 2015, and which investment and healthcare companies were involved?
- What are the new financing models being adopted by early-stage healthcare companies in the face of the declining availability of VC funds?
- How did the 2008 global financial crisis affect VC and PE investments in healthcare, in both the short and longer term?
- How is the healthcare industry performing compared with other industry sectors in terms of attracting VC investments in the US?
- What are the risks if investments in the healthcare industry decrease significantly?
- How are VC firms likely to react to increasing competition in the healthcare sector in the coming years?
- What specific factors will continue to drive investment in the healthcare industry in the coming years?
Request a sample copy at http://www.reportsweb.com/inquiry&RW00020737/sample
Reasons to buy
This report will allow you to -
- Gain insightful analyses and understanding of PE and VC dynamics in the healthcare industry. The report comprehensively describes and assesses the most important factors driving and restraining investments in this industry by assessing key investment information and parameters over the last decade.
- Assess quantitative and qualitative trends shaping deal activity in the healthcare sector. Publisher employed a multi-faceted research approach that involved the analysis of a variety of secondary research sources and the interrogation of proprietary databases, to provide a complete and objective view of industry and investment dynamics.
- Gain insight on upcoming trends and factors influencing global healthcare investments.
Tables of Content:
Table 1: Main Differences and Similarities between Private Equity and Venture Capital Companies 8
Table 2: Types of Private Equity Firms Typically Operating in the Healthcare Industry 12
Table 3: Top 10 Healthcare Private Equity Deals in 2015 18
Table 4: Top 10 Healthcare Venture Capital Deals in 2015 19
Table 5: Emerging Sources of Funding for Early-Stage Healthcare Companies 21
Table 6: Venture Capital Investment in the US Life Sciences Industry, 2006-2015 ($m) 27
Table 7: Top 10 Healthcare IPOs in 2015 32
Table 8: Axovant Product Pipeline 33
Table 9: NantKwest Product Pipeline 34
Table 10: Adaptimmune Therapeutics Product Pipeline 35
Table 11: Spark Therapeutics Product Pipeline 36
Table 12: Aimmune Therapeutics Product Pipeline 37
Table 13: Blueprint Medicines Product Pipeline 38
Table 14: RegenxBio Product Pipeline 39
Table 15: ProNAi Product Pipeline 40
Table 16: Seres Therapeutics Product Pipeline 41
Table 17: Global Blood Therapeutics Product Pipeline 42
Table 18: TPG Capital, Healthcare Investment Portfolio, 2016 44
Table 19: The Carlyle Group, Healthcare Investment Portfolio, 2016 46
Table 20: Apax Partners, Healthcare Investment Portfolio, 2016 47
Table 21: KKR & Co, Healthcare Investment Portfolio, 2016 49
Table 22: Warburg Pincus, Healthcare Investment Portfolio, 2016 50
Table 23: Bain Capital Private Equity, Healthcare Investment Portfolio, 2016 51
Table 24: New Enterprise Associates, Healthcare Investment Portfolio, 2016 52
Table 25: OrbiMed Advisors, Selected Healthcare Investments 55
Table 26: Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Selected Healthcare Investments 58
Table 27: Flagship Ventures, Selected Healthcare Investments 60
Table 28: Third Rock Investments, Selected Healthcare Investments 62
Table 29: Versant Ventures, Selected Healthcare Investments 64
Ask for Discount at http://www.reportsweb.com/inquiry&RW00020737/discount