US DirecTV (DTV) – Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
DIRECTV is a provider of digital television entertainment services in the US and Latin America. It offers direct-to-home (DTH) services which include HD channels, movies and other digital entertainment programs at homes, airports, airplanes, hotels, restaurants, hospitals, office buildings, automobiles and portable electronics. The company acquires, promotes and distributes digital entertainment programs to commercial and residential customers through two DTH business units: DIRECTV U.S. and DIRECTV Latin America. In addition, it operates two regional sports networks (RSNs), which offer a television network for game-related programming and Internet interactive game playing under the ROOT SPORTS brand. The company operates two broadcasting centers in Castle Rock, Colorado, and Long Beach, California and six uplink facilities. DIRECTV is headquartered in El Segundo, the US.
In 2014, the company entered into a definitive agreement with AT&T, under which AT&T would acquire DIRECTV. The merger is expected to be approved and completed in the first half of FY2015.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Table of Content: Key Points
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 3
List of Figures 4
Section 1 – About the Company 5
DirecTV – Key Facts 5
DirecTV – Key Employees 6
DirecTV – Key Employee Biographies 7
DirecTV – Major Products and Services 8
DirecTV – History 9
DirecTV – Company Statement 13
DirecTV – Locations And Subsidiaries 14
Head Office 14
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 14
Section 2 – Company Analysis 17
DirecTV – Business Description 17
DirecTV – Corporate Strategy 18
DirecTV – SWOT Analysis 19
SWOT Analysis – Overview 19
DirecTV – Strengths 19
DirecTV – Weaknesses 20
DirecTV – Opportunities 21
DirecTV – Threats 22
DirecTV – Key Competitors 23
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 24
Financial Ratios – Capital Market Ratios 24
Financial Ratios – Annual Ratios 25
Performance Chart 27
Financial Performance 27
Financial Ratios – Interim Ratios 28
Partner Relations & Marketing Manager
Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (US)
Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (UK)
Get in touch: