The Sweden’s Spirits market is forecast to register negative growth in value as well as volume terms during 2014-2019. The Whiskey category will have the largest volume share. The consumption of Spirits products across categories is expected to decline during 2014-2019 with the Specialty Spirits category registering a major drop in consumption.
Rising health concerns associated with Spirits is encouraging consumers to limit consumption levels. This trend is also leading consumers to shift from high ABV Spirits to lower ABV Spirits and high quality Spirits.
- Subdued inflation and improving consumer sentiments will further boost the consumer spending in the country.
- The Spirits market in Sweden declined at a CAGR of -2.9% during 2009-2014 an is expected to further decline at a CAGR of -0.6% during 2014-2019
- The Whiskey category accounted for 32.6% of the volume sales in the Swedish Spirits market and was followed by the Vodka category with a 21.4% share in 2014.
- Glass was the most commonly used packaging material in the Spirits market and accounted for 99.7% of the market share in 2014.
Canadean’s Consumer and Market Insights report on the Spirits market in Sweden provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2019
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Brandy, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Liqueurs, Specialty Spirits, Gin and Genever and Tequila and Mezcal categories , with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2014-2019
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2014
- Distribution data: Value shares within each category through channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Spirits and Drinks Specialists and more
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyse key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving prepared meals consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
Table of contents:
Table 1: Market value analysis in SEK and USD, 2009-2019
Table 2: Market volume growth analysis, 2014-2019
Table 3: Average prices (SEK and USD) by category, 2014
Table 4: Segment level analysis by category, 2014
Table 5: Leading retailers and store count
Table 6: Leading brands by category, 2014