‘Data Center and Managed Security Services in Latin America: Leveraging Telcos’ Services Portfolios,’ a Telecom Insider Report by Pyramid Research, briefly describes the concept of data center outsourcing and managed security services putting them into the telcos’ context. We discuss in detail the main drivers and challenges for these markets analyzing the direct impact on telcos under a technology, demand and competition perspective.
We introduce some case studies and outline what telcos must do to improve their positioning in the market.
We conclude by presenting the results of an end-user survey conducted with selected multinationals in Latin America in order to identify their expenditure plans for 2015, and how they perceive telcos as service providers for datacenter outsourcing and managed security services.
- Telcos across the region are in different stages of development of their data center outsourcing and managed security service offers. While some telcos have robust SOCs and are prepared to provide a complete portfolio of data center and managed security services, many others are still limited to the colocation and hosting approach.
- Telcos in developed markets have acquired data center service providers and MSS companies as a strategy to enhance their IT capabilities, and also expand operations overseas.
- Telcos in Latin America have engaged in strategic partnerships with traditional technology service and hardware providers in order to improve the confidence of enterprises in hiring a telco for their IT needs.
- Global telcos are expanding their operations in Latin America, focusing on data center outsourcing and managed security services. Given the maturity level of these services in developed markets, global telcos are targeting emerging regions such as Latin America as part of their growth strategy.
“Data Center and Managed Security Services in Latin America: Leveraging Telcos’ Services Portfolios,” a new Latin America Telecom Insider by Pyramid Research starts by briefly describing the concept of data center outsourcing and managed security services putting them into the telcos’ context. It explores the main drivers that impact telcos to foster their presence in the data center outsourcing and MSS markets. The report then analyses the main challenges that telcos have to overcome in order to position themselves as providers of data center and managed security services.
Reasons To Buy
- This Telecom Insider helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of the data center outsourcing and managed security services markets in Latin America.
- The report offers a wealth of data on data center outsourcing and managed security services in Latin America, with a focus on the region’s major markets: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia and Mexico.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately.
- The broad but detailed perspective will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players to succeed in the challenging IT services market in Latin America
Table of contents:
Introduction: Data center and MSS market context
Drivers and challenges: Analyzing the impact on telcos’ data center and MSS offers
Market details: Case studies
Conclusions: Key findings and recommendations
End-user survey – 2015 expenditure plans and telco positioning
Acronyms and definitions