The telecommunications market in Kenya will generate service revenue of $2.3bn in 2016. Pyramid Research expects to see overall service revenue grow at a steady rate over 2016-2021. Over the next five years, operators should seize opportunities in the fixed and mobile data segments by improving and upgrading their existing networks.
- The overall telecom service revenue in Kenya is expected to generate $2.3bn in 2016 and is estimated to grow at a gradual rate over 2016-2021.
- Mobile services are expected to dominate Kenya’s telecom market in 2016.
- The top two operators in Kenya, Safaricom and Airtel, are estimated to account for the majority of total telecom service revenue in 2016.
“Kenya: Expansion of 3G, 4G and the Continued Growth of Mobile Money Services to Drive Overall Revenue Growth” provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Kenya today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Kenya’s telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research’s databases. The Country
Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain in-depth analysis of current strategies and future trends of the telecommunications market in Kenya, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format, to build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Kenya’s mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customer’s demand.
- Leverage the graphical information (more than 20 charts and tables in the report based on the Pyramid Research forecast products), to gain an overview of the telecom market in Kenya.
Table of contents:
Market and competitor overview
Economic, demographic and political context
Major market players