The overcrowded European MVNO market has been showing strong momentum and is set to grow at a CAGR of 5% during 2015-2020 to reach 110.7m MVNO subscribers at the end of the year 2020. Germany, with more than 140 MVNOs will remain the largest MVNO subscriber market during 2015-2020 followed by the UK.
Moreover, increasing usage of mobile data mainly driven by the increasing smartphone penetration, deployment of 4G/4G+ spectrum, favorable regulatory framework and rising VAS offerings are some the factors which will boost the MVNO market in Europe. Increasing opportunities are to be witnessed in non-traditional MVNO business models such as data only and M2M during the forecast period.
- The most preferred business model in the Europe is discount based model which is being adopted by 21% of the total MVNOs present in the region, closely followed by niche segment occupying 20% market share, catering to segments including youth, elderly (50+ aged), students and NGO supporters. Business and ethnic models follow, accounting for 19% and 11% respectively, while the roaming model is adopted by 10% of MVNOs.
- Pyramid Research projects Germany will remain the largest MVNO country, in terms of subscriptions serving 23m users at the end of 2015, followed by the UK with 14.1m subscriptions and penetration of 14.8%. Other markets such as Belgium, Spain, Denmark and the Netherlands are considered hotbeds for MVNO growth.
MVNOs in Europe: Data and M2M Segments Will Present the Highest Growth Opportunities to MVNOs in Europe’, an Insider report by Pyramid Research offers a thorough study of the MVNO market in Europe. It examines the various MVNO business models adopted in Europe based on their marketing approach, and provides an in-depth look at the changing landscape of trends in MVNO adoption and investment.
The report analyzes the MVNO market and the role of other market participants such as MNOs and regulators in this expanding opportunity and consists of the following sections:
- Introduction: This Insider first presents taxonomy of MVNOs to provide a conceptual structure for the analysis, taking the perspective of mobile operators.
- Key findings and recommendations: The Insider concludes with a number of key findings and a set of recommendations for MNVOs, MNOs and regulators
Reasons To Buy
- The report examines the product and service portfolio being offered by MNVOs in Europe to enable new entrants’ telcos to align their product offerings. The report also provides analysis of different MVNO business model adopted in various countries in WE and CEE region and identify the opportunities offered by each of them.
- Helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of the Europe region’s MVNO opportunity, regulatory framework, competitive environment and best practices of the existing virtual operators.
- The case studies focus on product offerings of leading three MVNOs in the region including the strategies being pursued by them to drive their MVNO business, which can be beneficial to local players or prospective market entrants.
Table of contents:
Introduction: MVNO definition and main business models
MVNO business models
Global and regional MVNO market context
MVNO market worldwide
MVNO market in Europe
Most prevalent MVNO business models in Europe
MVNO market evolution in Europe
Regional market outlook
Market details: Case studies
Ethnic MVNO : Lebara Mobile
Discount MVNO : Drillisch
Niche MVNO : Virgin Mobile