While growth in the electricals market is expected to be relatively slow over the next five years, it will be stronger than the past five – with a lot of delayed white good purchases put off in the recession that are now being made. After facing a tough five years, specialists in the electrical sector are expected to make a comeback and see 11.7% growth between 2016 and 2021, the second fastest-growing channel after department stores.
Dixons Carphone is a key element in this story with the success of its merger which has led to a successful new 3-in-1 store format, a wide click and collect network and investment into its service offer. This report provides an overview of the major issues currently affecting the UK electricals market.
- Computers and tablets to increase share of the electricals market – The computers and tablets market in 2016 represents 23.2% of electricals total sales and this is expected to increase to 24% in 2021 as it continues to outperform the total market. The development of new technology and continued popularity of tablets, as well as the introduction of more value-led products that has opened the market up to the less affluent, has driven this performance and we expect it to continue over the next five years.
- Keep shoppers interested in new technology – A significant proportion of the electricals market is driven by new technology and while some brands such as Apple have a loyal customer base that means any new product launches have an instant buzz around them, other brands have to work harder to create this.
“The UK Electricals Market 2016-2021”, a Sector Report by Verdict Retail, provides an executive-level overview of the UK electricals market today, with forecasts of values up to 2021. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the UK electricals market, analyzing key trends in the market based on proprietary data from Verdict Retail’s primary consumer research and contacts throughout the electricals market.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Market size and forecast; a look at the total market size and forecast size for the electricals market and sub-sectors in the UK, with an overview of the key trends.
- Market shares for the 2016 and the previous five years.
- Summary of main influences; an overview on the factors driving consumer trends within the UK electricals market.
Reasons To Buy
- This Sector Report helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of the UK electricals market based on insights from within Verdict’s proprietary, consumer insight from our bespoke surveys and interviews with industry experts.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately.
- The broad but detailed perspective will help retailers to understand and succeed in the challenging electricals market.
Table of contents:
The hot issues
What people buy
Where people shop
How people shop
Why people shop