Rising disposable income, a relatively strong economic outlook, and a healthy stock market performance will all drive growth in the German wealth market. The retail savings and investments market increased by 4.8% in 2015, and is forecast to grow by 4.3% a year to 2019, reflecting the maturity and strength of the sector in Germany.
Indeed, compared to many of its European peers, the German economy is in relatively good shape. Domestic consumption is increasing, with record employment, rising wages, and falling oil prices combined with low interest rates and inflation all fueling growth
- Affluent individuals account for 20% of the German population, holding 77% of liquid assets. This wealth distribution is similar to other developed economies.
- Increasing disposable income, a relatively strong economic outlook, and a healthy stock market performance will drive growth in the savings and investments market, which is forecast to grow by 4.3% a year to 2019.
- Offshore investments account for 9% of HNW individuals’ illiquid assets, distinctly below the global average. These investments are driven by the desire for better returns rather than tax efficiency.
Wealth in Germany: Sizing the Market Opportunity analyzes the German wealth and retail savings and investments markets, with a focus on the HNW segment. The report is based on our proprietary datasets.
Specifically the report:
- Sizes the affluent market (both by the number of individuals and value of their liquid assets) using Verdict Financial’s proprietary datasets.
- Analyzes which asset classes are favored by German investors and how their preferences impact the growth of the total savings and investments market.
- Examines HNW clients’ attitudes towards non-liquid investments, such as property and commodities.
Reasons To Buy
- Benchmark your share of the German wealth market against the current market size.
- Forecast your future growth prospects using our projections for the market to 2019.
- Identify your most promising client segment by analyzing the penetration of affluent individuals in Germany, both at country and regional level.
- Evaluate your HNW proposition by understanding how the changing German tax systems will impact HNW clients.
- Review your offshore strategy by uncovering the HNW motivations for offshore investments and their preferred booking centers.
Table of contents:
The German economy is showing signs of growth, supporting wealth creation
Critical success factors
SIZING AND FORECASTING THE GERMAN WEALTH MARKET
The wealth market remains concentrated at the top end
Affluent individuals account for 20% of the total adult population
German affluent individuals hold 77% of liquid assets
DRIVERS OF GROWTH IN THE GERMAN WEALTH MARKET
Growth in Germany’s mature savings and investments market will be driven by the economy and an increasing appetite for stock market exposure
The relatively strong German economy will drive growth in the savings and investments market
Increasing appetite for stock market exposure is slightly reducing a strong bias towards deposits
HNW INVESTMENT PREFERENCES
HNW individuals allocate 28% of their investible assets outside traditional investments
Property investment accounts for two thirds of illiquid assets