Oooo…. Here comes December ! It’s festive season again. The most busiest time of the year and its only 3 weeks away from Christmas. And for early preparation, its time to get the gifts list done, Christmas eve menu plan and cookies to be baked list prepared. And cranberry is something not to be missed out during this time of the year ! However, cranberry is expensive in most Asian countries. While mulberry is much cheaper and it is now widely planted in most Malaysian’s home. The other day, I just harvested some fresh mulberries from my neighbourhood. It was indeed fun ! I had them mixed with cranberries for my cream cheese pound cake and it looks simply gorgeous. Guess, its time for a change. >o<
So, here’s what I did.
125gm cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1/2 tspn salt
1/2 cup milk (100ml)
1 tspn vanilla essence
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tspn baking powder
1/2 tspn baking soda
1 cup frozen cranberries
1 cup mulberries, rinsed
(1) mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder & salt. Set aside.
(2) now, cream butter, cream cheese, sugar & vanilla till well cooperated.
(3) add in egg one at a time and whisk till well mixed.
(4) next, stir in milk & half portion of flour mixture and continued beating till cooperated.
(5) then fold in the remaining flour and stir till combined.
(6) coat berries with some flour, then stir into batter.
(7) transfer batter to a 4x4x9″ greased baking tray and lined parchment paper.
(8) finally, bake at preheated oven 175′C for about 60 minutes.
(9) once its done, leave to cool for 30 minutes before top up with sugar glazing.
** Ingredients for Sugar glazing :
1 cup icing sugar mixed with 3 TB lime juice & 3 TB milk. (add in milk one tablespoon at a time if possible extra milk needed, make sure the flow is consistency to your need)
The icing frosting is always my favourite. I am totally addicted to the tingle zesty coating.
The texture is amazing. Really moist and delicious…… And its very festive too, perfect for the coming Christmas breakfast.