Profile image
By Science and Technology
Contributor profile | More stories
Story Views

Last Hour:
Last 24 Hours:

Atlanta Man Sentenced to Federal Prison for Unlawfully Possessing a Sawed-off Shotgun

Friday, May 19, 2017 14:49
% of readers think this story is Fact. Add your two cents.

(Before It's News)

ATLANTA – Edward Tororis Carter has been sentenced to two years and nine months in federal prison for unlawfully possessing a sawed-off shotgun. The defendant sold seven firearms to an undercover federal agent, including the twelve-gauge shotgun.
“Carter indiscriminately sold firearms to any buyer without regard for their potential use,” said U.S. Attorney John Horn. “In his quest to make money, the defendant never considered that the outcome might have been deadly.”
“An individual brazen enough to sell weapons such as a sawed-off shotgun to buyers on the street poses a clear and present danger to our community. This sentence demonstrates ATF’s continued dedication to identify these individuals and remove them from our neighborhoods,” said ATF Special Agent in Charge Wayne Dixie.
According to U.S. Attorney Horn, the charges and other information presented in court: In 2014, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) commenced an investigation of a convicted felon who was attempting to purchase firearms for subsequent sale and distribution. The investigation led federal agents to make several undercover firearms purchases from Carter who conducted the actual hand-to-hand firearms transactions.
Between May 2014 to August 2014, an undercover federal agent purchased seven firearms from Carter, including one sawed-off shotgun with a barrel length of only twelve inches and total length of only twenty-five inches. At the time of the sawed-off shotgun sale, in response to a comment about the gun, Carter said that the firearm was “ready to go,” suggesting that it was ready to be concealed and put to deadly use.
Edward Tororis Carter, 30, of Atlanta, Georgia, has been sentenced to two years and nine months in prison to be followed by three years of supervised release. Carter was convicted on these charges on December 22, 2016, after he pleaded guilty.
This case was investigated by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
Assistant U.S. Attorney Ryan M Christian prosecuted the case.


Report abuse


Your Comments
Question   Razz  Sad   Evil  Exclaim  Smile  Redface  Biggrin  Surprised  Eek   Confused   Cool  LOL   Mad   Twisted  Rolleyes   Wink  Idea  Arrow  Neutral  Cry   Mr. Green

Top Stories
Recent Stories



Top Global


Top Alternative




Email this story
Email this story

If you really want to ban this commenter, please write down the reason:

If you really want to disable all recommended stories, click on OK button. After that, you will be redirect to your options page.