Profile image
By ProactiveInvestors (Reporter)
Contributor profile | More stories
Story Views

Last Hour:
Last 24 Hours:

Azarga Metals latest Unkur assays further project’s potential

Thursday, October 6, 2016 10:46
% of readers think this story is Fact. Add your two cents.

Latest assays from Azarga Metals Corp’s (CVE:AZR) Unkur Silver-Copper project in Russia continue to underline the prospectivity of the site.

The firm has now completed ten holes and drilled around 2,400 metres of  a planned 5,000 meters at the project.

The latest results come from deeper sections in previously reported diamond core drill-hole AM-001 along with data from another hole -  AM-011.

Importantly, AM-001 has been shown to establish multiple  horizons of significant mineralization, which was not observed in the shorter drill holes that have returned assays so far nor from historical exploration records, the firm said.

Intersections deeper down included 18 meters at 70 g/t silver and 0.81% copper from 314.5 meters to 332.5 meters. Within that was seven meters at 137.7g/t silver and 1.51% copper.

That comes ontop of results reported last month from the hole, which showed an intercept o 40 meters at 65.9g/t silver and 0.74% copper from 82.5 meters to 122.5 meters.

Meanwhile, in AM-011, drilled to a total length of 179 meters, a significant intersection was 13.7 meters at 38.7g/t silver and 0.59% copper.

That  included 5.9 meters at 86.4g/t silver and 1.25% copper.

This hole extends the strike length approximately 600 meters to the south east of previously reported drill-hole AM-007, the firm noted.

President and chief executive Dorian (Dusty) Nicol said: “In addition to continuing to explore the recognized mineralized zone, we will look to test the ‘multiple mineralization horizon’ idea across the deposit because confirmation of such could lead to a substantial increase in our views of the potential scale of any deposit at Unkur.”

Azarga Metals owns 60% of the Unkur Silver-Copper project along with the right to acquire the remaining 40%.

Story by ProactiveInvestors


We encourage you to Share our Reports, Analyses, Breaking News and Videos. Simply Click your Favorite Social Media Button and Share.

Report abuse


Your Comments
Question   Razz  Sad   Evil  Exclaim  Smile  Redface  Biggrin  Surprised  Eek   Confused   Cool  LOL   Mad   Twisted  Rolleyes   Wink  Idea  Arrow  Neutral  Cry   Mr. Green

Top Stories
Recent Stories



Top Global


Top Alternative




Email this story
Email this story

If you really want to ban this commenter, please write down the reason:

If you really want to disable all recommended stories, click on OK button. After that, you will be redirect to your options page.