Profile image
By ProactiveInvestors (Reporter)
Contributor profile | More stories
Story Views

Now:
Last Hour:
Last 24 Hours:
Total:

Azarga Metals samples 21 m of 39.6 g/t silver at Unkur

Thursday, February 16, 2017 14:47
% of readers think this story is Fact. Add your two cents.

(Before It's News)

Eastern Russia-focused Azarga Metals Corp (CVE:AZR) released assay results from surface channel samples of outcropping mineralization and diamond core drill holes from its Unkur copper-silver project in the Zabaikalsky administrative region of eastern Russia on Thursday.

The company has now completed field activities for its first phase exploration program. Azarga Metals owns 60% of the Unkur copper-silver project along with the right to acquire the remaining 40% in the future.

In addition to the assays covered in this press release, additional data are still pending for the trenching program. Azarga Metals has engaged SRK Consulting (Russia) Ltd. to prepare a maiden National Instrument 43-101 resource estimate at Unkur, which is expected to be completed late in the first quarter or early in the second quarter of 2017.

 

Channel samples of outcropping mineralization

Channel samples from each of two surface outcrops located about 800 metres apart from each other assayed 21 m at 39.6 grams per tonne silver and 0.81 per cent copper (126.2 g/t silver equivalent or 1.18 per cent copper equivalent) and four m at 5.2 g/t silver and 0.41 per cent copper (49.0 g/t silver equivalent or 0.46 per cent copper equivalent), respectively. These outcrops add approximately 200 m of potential updip extension to silver-copper mineralization delineated by drilling.

 

Assays from final holes of first phase exploration

Azarga Metals has received assay results from the remainder of its first phase drilling program. Significant results include:

 

  • Drill hole AM-020: 10 m at 37.6 g/t silver and 0.67 per cent copper (109.2 g/t silver equivalent or 1.02 per cent copper equivalent) from 229.0 m to 239.0 m, including four m at 81.9 g/t silver and 1.50 per cent copper (242.3 g/t silver equivalent or 2.27 per cent copper equivalent) from 235.0 m to 239.0 m;
  • Drill hole AM-002: 38 m at 13.1 g/t silver and 0.32 per cent copper (47.3 g/t silver equivalent or 0.44 per cent copper equivalent) from 434.5 m to 472.5 m;
  • Drill hole AM-019: 10 m at 12.4 g/t silver and 0.48 per cent copper (63.6 g/t silver equivalent or 0.60 per cent copper equivalent) from 39.0 m to 49.0 m;
  • Drill hole AM-006: 13 m at 13.1 g/t silver and 0.40 per cent copper (55.9 g/t silver equivalent or 0.52 per cent copper equivalent) from 443.5 m to 456.5 m;
  • Drill hole AM-008: 11 m at 6.4 g/t silver and 0.25 per cent copper (33.1 g/t silver equivalent or 0.31 per cent copper equivalent) from 352.3 m to 363.3 m.

 

Azarga Metals’ president and chief executive officer, Dorian (Dusty) Nicol, said: “The outcrop and drill hole samples announced today extend both the strike length and width of identified copper-silver mineralization at Unkur and adds to our confidence that with continued exploration, Unkur will continue to expand in size and grade.”

Story by ProactiveInvestors



Source: http://www.proactiveinvestors.com/companies/news/173285/azarga-metals-samples-21-m-of-396-gt-silver-at-unkur-173285.html

Report abuse

Comments

Your Comments
Question   Razz  Sad   Evil  Exclaim  Smile  Redface  Biggrin  Surprised  Eek   Confused   Cool  LOL   Mad   Twisted  Rolleyes   Wink  Idea  Arrow  Neutral  Cry   Mr. Green

Top Stories
Recent Stories
 

Featured

 

Top Global

 

Top Alternative

 

Register

Newsletter

Email this story
Email this story

If you really want to ban this commenter, please write down the reason:

If you really want to disable all recommended stories, click on OK button. After that, you will be redirect to your options page.