(Before It's News)
***Disclosure: I received complimentary samples and information to facilitate my post. All opinions are 100% honest and have not been influenced in any way.***
Do you have any gamers in your family? I have to admit, my entire family is basically obsessed with gaming. The hubby likes the more grown-up, “man games”. My kids, however, are absolutely addicted to their Nintendo games. We have an original Wii, and several games for it, and the kiddos all have Nintendo 3DS XLs. Well, they DID, until Xander’s broke. Up until very recently, Sophie and Xander had to share one, and oh, battles ensued….But that is a different post entirely!
Anyway, my kiddos absolutely love classic Nintendo games like Mario Bros. and all of the related games, Donkey Kong, Pokemon, and more. One thing I’ve always appreciated about Nintendo is that they offer games that are “tame enough” for younger kids, but that are still tons of fun for adults. We’ve even played Mario Party games at adult parties and get-togethers. (Try it! It’s a blast!)
So I think it’s safe to say, we’re definitely a family of gamers here.
Recently, we got the amazing opportunity to check out the NEW Nintendo 3DS XL. This gaming system is much like the 3DS XL we all know and love, but with some exciting improvements that enhance your gaming experience. Sounds pretty cool, right?
Included in our special package was a New Nintendo 3DS XL in a sleek, black color. Also included were a charger, a very sturdy case that holds not only the 3DS XL, but also up to 8 games, and 2 awesome games featuring Classic Nintendo characters: New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Mario Kart 7.
To say my kiddos were excited would be the understatement of the year. I think Xander was the MOST excited, since his Nintendo 3DS XL was broken. His face positively lit up when he saw the new system and all of these fun games and accessories.
So what’s new and improved with the New Nintendo 3DS XL? A lot!
Here’s a breakdown of the new features:
- Play More Games! The New Nintendo 3DS XL allows you to play games for the Nintendo DS and DSi systems, too!
- Better Browsing Experience. This unit comes with tons of pre-loaded software, like the Nintendo eShop, various Mii software, and even internet browsing so kids can connect to their favorite websites and internet content.
- More Power so you can play longer before plugging in
- Easy Data Sharing. You can sync your old DS with this new version, preserving data and progress.
- Better camera
- New Controls: The C Stick brings new control possibilities (like intuitive camera control) to compatible games. And, new ZL and ZR buttons give you more options than ever.
- Built-In Amiibo Support: Tap an amiibo™ figure to the near-field communication (NFC) reader on the lower screen to enjoy amiibo features in compatible games. Get bonus items and content, customize your character, and more when you use amiibo figures (like Mario!) with amiibo-compatible games.
- Face-Tracking 3D: Games leap to life with super-stable 3D. The face-tracking feature uses the system’s inner cameras to adjust images based on your viewing angle, so you can enjoy total immersion in your games.
- AR Cards Included! View the six included cards with your system’s 3D camera and watch as characters leap into your world.
- Improved Cameras: Take cool 3D photos and record your own 3D videos.
My kiddos couldn’t wait to get their New Nintendo DS XL charged, set up, and ready to play. The awesome part is that we were able to sync the data in Xander’s broken unit, saving his Mii characters, game progress, and more. He was SO HAPPY that we were able to do this, and that he didn’t have to start completely from scratch. Seriously, Nintendo…You all made a 5 year old’s day with this syncing data feature!
Setting up our unit was quick and easy, so the kids were enjoying their new games in no time. Please note: While the New Nintendo 3DS XL offers a very cool 3D playing option, this setting is NOT recommended for kids under 7, as it may cause strain to their eyes. Thankfully, this option is easily turned off, allowing them to play a toned-down version.
My husband, teen, and I were all able to check out the new and improved 3D gaming, and all I can say is WOW! The 3D brings gaming to a whole new level! It does take a few minutes to get your eyes used to this mode, but once you adapt, all of your favorite characters come to life like never before.
The kids were able to get used to the new controls very quickly as well. My husband actually raved about the new C Stick control, since it allows much more fluid motion during game play.
Overall, I have to say, the New Nintendo 3DS XL absolutely ROCKS!
My kids all love this new and improved gaming system. Whether you choose 3D gaming or not, this system really offers the best of the Nintendo experience. With built-in games, downloadable content, and the ability to play games from previous versions of the DS family, the fun is absolutely endless!
The new system has incredibly stable 3D graphics, fast download speeds, and we love that these units can also be used for internet browsing. My kids are hooked on YouTube gaming videos, so they love being able to seamlessly switch between playing their games and heading to YouTube for cheats, tips, and tricks to help them get even further in their game play.
We also love the fact that there are parental controls as well as an Activity Log that allows you to easily track your kids’ game play and physical activity.
If you’re looking for an amazing gift for the gamers in your life, definitely check out the New Nintendo 3DS XL. With all of these new features, your favorite games will be brought to life like never before!
Connect with Nintendo…You Know You Wanna! :
You can check out this and all of the other awesomeness Nintendo
has to offer on their website.
While you’re there, check out all of the fun, free activities they have online! This website is tons of fun for gamers, big and small!
You can also connect on Facebook, on twitter, on YouTube, and on Instagram to stay on top of their latest news, products, and promotions.