(Before It's News)
Ken Research has announced its recent publication titled, “Consumer and Market Insights: Ice Cream in the UAE” which provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
The report includes overall market value and volume data with proper growth analysis for the future years for Artisanal Ice Cream, Impulse Ice Cream-Single Serve, and Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream with inputs on individual segment share within each category and changes in the market share forecast for 2015-2020. It offers percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, On-trade and others in 2015 along with relevant market share of leading players of brands and related growth analysis from 2012-2015.
Report gives consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. It well identifies the packaging material data for Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board and Rigid Plastics; and containers data for: Sachet, Tub and Box. It helps the users in identification of high potential categories and explores further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis and also aids them to gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis for planning an effective market positioning.
- Private label products in the ‘Impulse Ice Cream-Single Serve’ category had submitted a faster growth than in the ‘Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream’ category during 2012-2015.
- In 2016, niche flavors and varieties of products in ice creams have prolonged to become more readily available to all customers in the United Arab Emirates and in order to further attract local consumers, players within have launched flavors aiming at the large segment of the expatriate population, such as Indian-style ice cream or flavors inspired by local sweets like baklava, making the widely available to all consumers in the country.
- On-trade sales have reckoned for about half of the overall distribution share in the ice cream market of UAE.
- IFFCO and Dunkin’ Brands Group, Inc. both have been viewed as the major players in the market recently where IFFCO Group continues to lead the ice cream category in the UAE, with a slightly raised retail share of 39% in 2016.
- Even the IFFCO’s London Dairy brand is priced more competitively than its peers in the premium category, like Haagen-Dazs and Baskin Robbins.
- The only outer type used for packaging of related products is a “box” in UAE’s ice cream market. Such a package ensures that the products are not spoiled soon and protects them (especially those with special conditions).
- The Ice Cream market in the UAE is dominated by the Artisanal Ice Cream category, while the ‘Impulse Ice Cream-Single Serve’ category, amongst all the types in the market, is projected to record fastest growth in value terms with a CAGR of 6.8% for the years to proceed.
- Though the ice cream market is going to prosper well in the coming years, yet it is set to record a retail value at a CAGR of 2% at constant 2016 prices over the forecast period, compared to the equivalent CAGR of 5% witnessed over the review period, thus indicating that growth is projected to occur but slowly over the forecast period.
For more coverage click on the link below:
Head Marketing & Communications