(Before It's News)
By Chris at www.CapitalistExploits.at
- The rise of passive investing and the inevitable consequences of what is almost certainly a bubble.
- How investors are increasingly buying equities and treating them as bond proxies.
- How it’s harder to say which sector is cheap and which isn’t – more than at any time in Chris’ 25 years of investing and why this is the case.
- How we’re in a market which rewards companies for buying back stock and increasing dividends (even to the detriment of the overall financial position of the company) and what Chris focuses on as a consequence.
- Why holding cash is exactly what companies should be doing in this market environment (despite being penalised for it).
- How index weighting is perversely penalising stronger companies relative to their peers.
- Two short ideas he took away from Jim Grant’s recently concluded conference.
- Thoughts on investing in frontier markets.
(Click on the image to listen to the podcast)
“Balance sheet strength is more important than price paid. It does no good to get a bargain on a zero.” — Chris Mayer
Liked this podcast? Don’t miss our future articles and podcasts, and
get access to free subscriber-only content here.