news.goldseek.com / Julian D.W. Phillips / 12 January 2017
Gold Today –New York closed at $1,190.90 on the 11th January after closing at $1,187.20 on the 10th January. London opened againat $1,204.75 today.
Overall the dollar is weaker against global currencies today. Before London’s opening:
– The $: € was weaker at $1.0631: €1 from $1.0554: €1 yesterday.
– The Dollar index was weaker at 101.25 from 102.09 yesterday.
– The Yen was stronger at 114.52: $1 from yesterday’s 116.05 against the dollar.
– The Yuan was stronger at 6.9115: $1, from 6.9225: $1, yesterday.
– The Pound Sterling was stronger at $1.2249: £1 from yesterday’s $1.2156: £1.
Yuan Gold Fix
Shanghai continues to lead the way for the gold price. And as happened yesterday London and New York rose too. With Shanghai prices continuing to rise we expect London and New York to rise again too. To catch Shanghai up, prices in New York need to rise another $15. London is now in line with yesterday’s Shanghai gold price.
LBMA price setting: The LBMA gold price setting was at $1,206.65this morning against yesterday’s $1,187.55.
The gold price in the euro was set higher at €1,133.96 after yesterday’s€1,128.31 as the dollar weakened.