Hepatitis B is an infectious liver disease caused by the Hepatitis B Virus (HBV) and characterized by acute or chronic inflammation of the liver. Despite its status as a vaccine-preventable disease, it remains a serious global health concern. Incidence tends to be higher in countries with a significant number of migrants from medium and high-prevalence countries.
Browse more detail information about Hepatitis B Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets:
Approximately 350 million people worldwide are infected with chronic hepatitis B, which causes significant morbidity and mortality. Around 780,000 patients die from hepatitis B each year, of which 650,000 deaths are due to complications such as cirrhosis and liver cancer. Despite this, diagnosis and treatment rates are poor, stemming from its asymptomatic nature.
Get a PDF Sample of Hepatitis B Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets:
Scope of Hepatitis B Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets:
The current hepatitis B market contains mainly nucleoside analog reverse transcriptase inhibitors, nucleotide analogs, and interferons.
- Will these drugs continue to dominate hepatitis B treatment?
With 81 active pipeline molecules, most of the investigational drug candidates are small molecules and vaccines, comprising 64% of the pipeline.
- What are the most prominent small molecules and vaccines in the pipeline?
- Do the pipeline molecules offer advantages over commercially proven mechanisms?
Analysis of clinical trials since 2006 has identified a high rate of attrition in hepatitis B products.
- How do failure rates vary by product stage of development, molecule type, and mechanism of action?
- How do other factors such as average trial duration and trial size influence the costs and risks associated with product development?
Over the 2014–2021 forecast period, the hepatitis B market in the eight major markets is expected to increase in value at a CAGR of 2.3% from $2.9 billion to $3.5 billion.
- Which markets make the most significant contribution to the current market size?
- What are the epidemiology trends in these markets?
- Which factors will influence growth rates in the different major markets?
Despite generic sales erosion resulting from patent expirations, the uptake of premium therapies tenofovir and entecavir will contribute to significant market growth over the forecast period.
- Will patent expirations or emerging pipeline molecules threaten the commercial success of existing drugs?
- Which patent expirations will have the most significant impact on the market?
Reasons to buy Hepatitis B Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets:
This report will enable you to –
- Understand the clinical context of hepatitis B by considering symptoms, etiology, pathophysiology, epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment options.
- Identify the therapeutic strategies, products, and companies that dominate the current marketed products landscape and recognize gaps and areas of unmet need.
- Appreciate key pipeline trends by molecule type, route of administration, mechanism of action, and novelty.
- Consider market opportunities and potential risks by looking at trends in clinical trial size, duration, and failure rate by stage of development, molecule type, and mechanism of action.
- Recognize the late-stage pipeline molecules that have demonstrated strong therapeutic potential by examining clinical trial data and multi-scenario product forecast projections.
- Compare treatment usage patterns, annual therapy costs, and market growth projections for the US, Canada, the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and Japan.
- Discover trends in licensing and co-development deals concerning hepatitis B products and identify the major strategic consolidations that have shaped the commercial landscape.
Have any query? ask our expert @ http://www.absolutereports.com/enquiry/pre-order-enquiry/10070572
List of Figures, Tables and Charts Available in Hepatitis B Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2021 – Increasing Number of Migrants from High-Prevalence Regions to Drive Market Growth
1.1 List of Tables
Table 1: Chronic Hepatitis B Prevalence in Countries that are Main Sources of Migration to US 9
Table 2: Comparison of Drugs that Treat Hepatitis B 15
Table 3: Immigration from High-Prevalence Regions to US, 2010 and 2013 46
Table 4: Hepatitis B Therapeutics Market, Global, Pipeline Products, Discovery, 2015 55
Table 5: Hepatitis B Therapeutics Market, Global, Pipeline Products, Preclinical, 2015 56
Table 6: Hepatitis B Therapeutics Market, Global, Pipeline Products, Phase I, 2015 57
Table 7: Hepatitis B Therapeutics Market, Global, Pipeline Products, Phase II, 2015 58
Table 8: Hepatitis B Therapeutics Market, Global, Pipeline Products, Phase III, 2015 58
Table 9: Hepatitis B Therapeutics Market, Global, Market Forecast, 2014-2021 59
Table 10: Hepatitis B Therapeutics Market, US, Market Forecast, 2014-2021 59
Table 11: Hepatitis B Therapeutics Market, Canada, Market Forecast, 2014-2021 60
Table 12: Hepatitis B Therapeutics Market, UK, Market Forecast, 2014-2021 60
Get Discount on Hepatitis B Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets:
About Absolute Report:
Absolute Reports is an upscale platform to help key personnel in the business world in strategizing and taking visionary decisions based on facts and figures derived from in-depth market research. We are one of the top report resellers in the market dedicated towards bringing you an ingenious concoction of data parameters.