(Before It's News)
Its the truth. I was too busy to blog. Tomorrow we are hosting Thanksgiving dinner for the first time. My mother, after 45 years of hosting Thanksgiving, has decided that she wants to go to someone else's house for dinner. Now I do admit to doing a fair amount of the cooking for the past 30 years or so, but its the first time at our house. In our new house with its big living room and open to the kitchen dining room which is why we now can host. In our new house with all my health ailments.
That's okay, my husband helped a lot and I can always take a nap if I get tired. Since I have cooked, I do not do dishes.
So anyway, today I have:
- brined the turkey
- chopped celery and onions for two kinds of stuffing
- chopped vegetables for veggies and dip
- made a pecan pie
- chopped the Brussels sprouts
- Set up beds for four guests after finding the sheets, pillows and blankets
- Went to Michaels (for a frame for the picture that should have gone on the wall weeks ago), the grocery store (for butter – you can't make Thanksgiving dinner with two sticks of butter, bagels and cream cheese), and the drugstore for my two prescriptions that I needed.
I still have to:
- Make the dip for veggies and dip
- Wash and trim the green beans
- Set up our pill boxes for the next week
- Order take out for dinner
- Make a second dinner for our house guests that will show up around 9pm.
So all that being said, I am exhausted (but don't tell my brother or husband or they will start telling me what to do all the time). I need to take care of our pill boxes and go to bed early. And sleep late.
With my health ailments (and even before then), I do not do well with not enough sleep. I need sleep, I need sleep, I need sleep. Last night I was so tired I fell asleep before taking my giant pile of nighttime pills. I did wake up in the middle of the night and took the important ones which won't mess up with my morning pills (some need to be spaced out).
But I digress. I do not want my health ailments to interfere with my enjoyment of Thanksgiving. I want to be able to enjoy spending time with everyone. After I sleep and take all my pills. And delegate more cooking stuff.
Caroline’s Breast Cancer Blog