Water is the basic requirement of the human body it acts as a cleanser, helps us stay hydrated and helps us overcome health problems. Drinking water must be clean and filtered and the water coming from your tap might not be as clean as you think. For this, there is the creation of water purifiers which remove harmful substances like, metals, dirt, and chemicals.
There are different types of water purifiers in today’s market and each has different qualities that purify water at various levels. The different types are given below.
• Reverse Osmosis Purification (RO)- This operates on the principle of reverse osmosis, here water from high Total Dissolved Levels is transferred to a lower level through a filtering membrane these remove smallest of the impurities and give you safe drinking water. It treats different types of water like saline water, alkaline water, and sewage water but the only drawback is that it needs electricity to run.
• Ultraviolet Purification (UV) – These types of purifiers kills microorganisms like bacteria and virus through radiation. It doesn’t work well with TDS hence it cannot remove dissolved solvents and dead remnants. To resolve this they have sediment pre-filters to remove such deadly substances.
• Ultrafiltration Purification- (UF) – This type is similar to RO and UV purifiers and has a filtering membrane but this membrane a bit larger and it is difficult to treat hard water. It can only remove undissolved impurities and microorganisms.
When you are going to purchase a water purifier keep in mind the different types and which type will suit your home water tap. There are certain things to keep in mind while buying water purifiers and some of the tips to buy water purifier is given below.
To buy the right kind of water purifier you need to go through the various features it offers and select the best among them. Since there is a variety of them you need to carefully evaluate each and every type and make your purchase. Some of the tips are the following.
• Evaluate the different types of water purifiers- As the types are mentioned above one must see what is best and choose among RO, UV, UF water purifiers. Each has different features and depending on what type is suitable for the water you make your purchase. Each has its drawbacks and advantages so one must see the all the features and select based on your requirements.
• Storage Capacity- Families can be big and small and water purifiers also differ. If you are a family with many members you need a purifier with a large water holding capacity and if you are a small five to seven liters of water purifier will make do. Water purifiers automatically fill up the tank if the purified water levels start decreasing. It is very important to know how much water your purifier can hold before you purchase one.
• Water Testing- Before you install or buy a water purifier you need to test the water in your house. If you test your water you will be able to examine the type of harmful substances you get and based on this you will evaluate the type of purifier you need. If the substances are like nitrates then go for RO purifiers and if it has higher levels of TDS one must choose UV purifiers.
• Choose Combination of types- Purifiers come in many types and these types can all be put in one purifier. These days you get combinations of water purifiers like RO plus UV, RO plus UF, and all the three RO plus UV plus UF. If the water at your house is in need for all these due to all kinds of impurities it is safe to choose a water purifier that has all the different types of water purifier. Choosing all is a sensible thing to do as you get all in one and makes your drinking water safe.
• Maintenance and services after a sale- After all the choosing of the type of purifier and testing of water, it is time to decide what company you choose. Select a company that gives you good maintenance offers and which has well after sale services. From time to time your water purifiers need to be checked and the filters must be cleaned for this the company must have good maintenance team and have this service of changing the filters if required.
So before you buy a water purifier these things are to be kept in mind in order to buy the best suitable water purifier for your homes. It is best to first test the water and select an appropriate water purifier.