(Before It's News)
There are three reasons I’m looking forward to a Donald Trump Presidency
- Left/Liberals are at their funniest when they lose. No one plays the victim better, and they just get so upset.
- Entertainment value. Seriously.
- A Trump presidency will force Republicans to either denounce their supposed ideals, and be honest about the fact that they are essentially just as in favor of big government, intervention in the private sector, and against liberty as the Democrats are – OR – they’ll fight Trump just as much as they would fight Clinton, leading to Gridlock. I think it far more likely the former, and a moment of honesty would be good for everyone. I also think it would destroy the Republican party, and from its ashes could rise a party (or parties) that better reflect historical classical liberal ideals.
There are three reasons I’m looking forward to a Hillary Clinton Presidency:
- Gridlock. Absolutely nothing will get done in Washington, because Republicans in Congress will spend all of their time trying to remover her from office. Nothing getting done is about the best someone with my philosophy can hope.
- She probably won’t start a nuclear war.
- President Tim Kaine. Let’s all have a moment of honesty here (remember, honesty is good): of the 4 people at the top of the major party Presidential tickets, he’s the one best suited for the Presidency. And she’s not going to make it 4 years – there’s more coming on the Clinton Foundation, and with Congress going after her, they’ll find something. (I also think they’ll find things on the last two or three Presidents, and I fear they may find things that severely damage national security).
On November 8, I’ll be continuing my long standing tradition of voting for someone who won’t win. Luckily, it doesn’t really matter that much.
Filed under: Libertarian/Political Stuff Tagged: Awful Choices, Election