Initial Jobless Claims (week ended 10/15/2016)
– New Claims seasonally adjusted 260,000. Previous was 247,000
– New Claims unadjusted, totaled 233,181 a decrease of 5,400 from previous
– 4-week Moving Average seasonally adjusted 251,750. Previous was 249,500
While this is the biggest week/week jump in 5 months this is still at a low level. Initial Claims are only a small part of the jobs picture.
Philadelphia Federal Reserve Business Outlook Survey (October 2016)
– General Business Conditions 9.7. Previous was 12.8
Existing Home Sales (September 2016)
– Existing Home Sales Seasonally adjusted, annualized rate 5,470,000. Previous was 5,300,000.
Leading Economic Indicators (September 2016)
– Leading Indicators month/month +0.2%. Previous was -0.2%.