Redbook Chain Store Sales (week ended 10/22/2016)
– Store Sales year/year +0.3%. Previous was +1.0%
FHFA House Price Index (August 2016)
– month/month change +0.7%. Previous was +0.5%
– year/year change +6.4%. Previous was +5.9%
S&P Corelogic Case-Shiller HPI (August 2016)
– 20-city, seasonally adjusted month/month +0.2%. Previous was +0.0%
– 20-city, not seasonally adjusted month/month +0.4%. Previous was +0.6%
– 20-city, not seasonally adjusted year/year +5.1%. Previous was +5.0%
Prices are not increasing everywhere. The data here reflects what was in my newsletter about how urban planning has driven up prices in areas which have considerable restrictions on
building with the San Francisco Bay Area leading the way.
Consumer Confidence (October 2016)
– Consumer Confidence 98.6. Previous was 103.5
This is the metric from the Conference Board. This is supposed to forecast consumer spending in the next 3-6 months.
Richmond Federal Reserve Manufacturing Index (October 2016)
– Level -4. Previous was -8