– Real GDP quarter/quarter seasonally adjusted, annualized +3.2%. Initial release was +2.9%
– GDP price index quarter/quarter seasonally adjusted, annualized +1.4%. Previous was +1.5%
A detailed analysis from Rick Davis of Consumer Metrics Institute will be in my RateWatch newsletter of next Monday.
Corporate Profits (3rdQ2016)
– After-tax Profits year/year +5.2%. Previous was -1.7%
Redbook Chain Store Sales (week ended 11/26/2016)
– Store Sales year/year +2.2%. Previous was +1.0%
Case-Shiller House Price Index (September 2016)
– 20-city, seasonally adjusted month/month +0.4%. Previous was +0.3%
– 20-city, not seasonally adjusted month/month +0.1%. Previous was +0.4%
– 20-city, not seasonally adjusted year/year +5.1%. Previous was +5.1%
Consumer Confidence (November 2016)
– Consumer Confidence 107.1. Previous was 100.8
This is the metric from the Conference Board. This is supposed to be a leading indicator of consumer spending 3-6 month into the future.