After GOP candidate Donald Trump vowed to seek prosecution of Democrat Hillary Clinton should he become president, the professional Left melted down.
Trump was prominently labeled a would-be dictator who would turn America into a banana republic (something the Obama administration has largely already accomplished by undermining the rule of law).
But the Left criminalizes politics and public policy differences all the time.
Up-and-coming reporter Bre Payton of the Federalist website provided the proof coming up with 16 examples of left-wingers trying — and in some cases succeeding — in putting their adversaries in jail. It is a hard-hitting article worthy of your attention.
Here’s the top of the piece:
During Sunday night’s presidential debate, Donald Trump quipped that if he were elected president, Hillary Clinton would be in jail for illegally using an unsanctioned private email server — which was housed in a bathroom and less secure than a Gmail account — to disseminate classified information during her tenure as secretary of State.
The media had a fainting spell over Trump’s comment, and are insisting he’s behaving like a dictator and threatening to jail a political opponent. Here’s a few of the numerous overwrought headlines that have emerged.
Vox: “Donald Trump’s threat to imprison Hillary Clinton is a threat to democracy”
The New Yorker: “Trump Shows His Inner Dictator”
CNN: “Trump threatens to jail Clinton if he wins election”
ThinkProgress:”Trump campaign can’t decide whether Trump was joking about putting Hillary in jail”They seem to be forgetting that throwing the book at one’s political opponents is what Democrats do all the time. Here’s 16 times Democrats tried to prosecute their opponents for political gain, not justice.
1. David Daleiden of the Center for Medical Progress (for undercover Planned Parenthood footage about that nonprofit’s thriving baby organ-harvesting business)
2. Little Sisters of the Poor (for refusing on religious faith grounds to provide birth control to their employees)
3. Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder (R)
4. Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) and his supporters
5. Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R)
6. Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell (R)
7. “Climate change deniers”
8. Mitt Romney
9. advocates for sex-protected bathrooms
10. cake bakers
11. conservative nonprofits such as True the Vote
12. author and filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza
13. filmmaker Nakoula Basseley Nakoula
15. Karl Rove
16. Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Okla.)