|Last 24 Hours:|
Culture War: How religious groups, LGBT and military voted in 2016 election
Thursday, November 17, 2016 12:17
% of readers think this story is Fact. Add your two cents.
(Before It's News)
The 2016 presidential election was also another instance of America’s ongoing culture war.
From exit polling data (Washington Post ):
- 58% of Protestants or other Christians voted for Trump, vs. 39% for Hillary.
- 81% of white evangelical or born again Christians voted for Trump, vs. 16% for Hillary.
- 52% of Catholics voted for Trump, vs. 45% for Hillary.
- Jewish: 71% Hillary vs 24% Trump
- Some other religion: 62% Hillary vs. 29% Trump
- No religion: 68% Hillary vs. 26% Trump
- 78% of those who identify themselves as lesbian gay, bisexual or transgender voted for Hillary, vs. 14% for Trump.
- 48% of non-LGBTs voted for Trump vs. 47% for Hillary.
- 61% of voters who say they have served in the military voted for Trump, vs. 34% for Hillary.
- 50% of voters who have never served in the military voted for Hillary, vs. 45% of Trump.
See also “2016 Revolt of the Deplorables: The Forgotten Working Class“.