Washington DC’s George Washington University (GWU) is among the nation’s top schools, ranking 56 in a recent US news & World Report. The school’s undergraduate tuition is just under $52,000 a year. The place ain’t cheap, and the students, at least on paper, are smart, having average SAT scores for Reading/Math/Writing of 640/650/645. PrincetonReview
With all that said, the students on that campus are just dumber than dirt as they are actually protesting that the campus police protecting them is an act of violence because the campus police support Trump. Campus police protection an ‘act of violence’ — because cops support Trump
“The university must re-channel its resources and money to its fundamental requirement: to protect its students,” the demand letter reads. “This safety must not depend on the University’s police. The Fraternal Order of Police, the largest police union in the United States, has formally endorsed President-Elect Donald Trump. The FOP includes over 10,000 members in Washington D.C., many of which have jurisdiction over GW’s campus. Placing us in these officers’ care is an act of violence, especially for Black students.”
So just how is GWU supposed to fulfill its “fundamental requirement” to “protect its students” if the police, or I assume any other police-like personnel, can’t be used? Perhaps they can call on a herd of warrior unicorns, or a squad of attack gerbils. Really, just how stupid can these snowflakes be?
And if you thought that was the students’ only beef, Wrong! They are leftists after all. And beside being greedy, they are verbose. The other demands include:
• The school must always assert itself on the side of students of color
• GWU cannot harbor “structural Islamophobia”or interfere with Muslim students’ attire.
• GWU must “increase the acceptance of Palestinian international students to prevent their genocide at the hands of Israel”
• The school must fund aid and legal assistance for undocumented students and their families, and be a “place of sanctuary” for Muslim students and illegal immigrants
• Sexual assault claims must always be believed
• Divestment from “unethical corporations” that deal with fossil fuels, private prisons, “colonialism and apartheid in Palestine,” and more
• Commitment to leading the country in sustainable fossil fuel adoption and an increase in campus sustainability jobs and outreach
• A promise to pay all workers a “living wage”
Shockingly the students’ demands have been endorsed by the school’s Feminist Student Union, Students for Justice in Palestine, Fossil Free GW, the Progressive Student Union, and more. (Okay, its not shocking.)
If these kids are the nation’s best and brightest future leaders, we are in deep manure, and what these students are doing only highlights how badly we need to take back our nation’s schools and universities.