Hannah Rose writes about nine reasons why your relationship is going nowhere.
1. Involuntarily cheating…Cheating does not have to be a physical encounter with another individual; it can be a betrayal of thought and consideration. Where you place your thoughts you place your time. Time spent thinking about other people and other things are a small act of unfaithfulness. If you want to find a rekindled interest in your partner, take the time to think and focus on them.
2. Spending too much time together
Too much of a good thing can sometimes be a bad thing. It is great to want to be together all of the time, but it is also equally important the two of you can be happy alone. Taking the time to catch up with old friends, visit family or simply reading a book alone will help you when you come back together. It will provide a fresh new conversation.
3. Not being honest with each other
There are many subtle forms of dishonesty that can leak into your relationship. Whether it begins as withholding details of a certain story, bluffing, or saying a small white lie to make you look a little better, these are forms of dishonesty.
Whatever form of dishonesty either of you participate in, the sheer lack of complete honesty creates an untrusting and lackluster connection between the two of you.
4. Lack of intimacy Feel like your relationship is lacking a little in the love department? Small excuses like being too busy, too tired, not in the mood or having better things to do are detrimental to the development of your relationship. If you are looking to liven this connection up again make it a priority and take the time to be there for your significant other.
5. Too scared to talk
If things are not working or you cannot see where your relationship is going, you need to talk to your partner. Communication is key- odds are your partner is feeling the same way you are. Talking about the things that are not working in your relationship may be the catalyst the two of you need to work and find solutions to make your relationship stronger and healthier together.
6. Not a huge priority
To help your relationship from falling into the same old boring routine that has no rank or priority, try taking the time to plan an outrageous date. A date that requires time to plan, prepare and execute. The time spent on this date will provide an opportunity for you to prioritize and invest in your relationship once again.
7. Stopped trying
If you both are interested in restoring your love and faith with one another, then you both need to continue serving and caring for each other's needs. Write a love letter, take them to get ice cream or simply text them a sweet message. Do not stop trying because you are in an exclusive relationship.
8. You don't know what's next.
Where are you two going next? If you do not know, then you have already dulled the excitement for what's to come for the two of you. To keep your relationship alive and running, plan some exciting things for the future. Whether your plans include a walk in the local park, a trip to the movie theater, a trip to the nearest state park or a road trip to the coast, get out and get moving. The excitement of new things will help liven the relationship.
9. You can go days without talking
The fact that daily communication is not a priority is a red flag and sign your relationship is heading nowhere. Needing to talk, inform and converse with your partner is an essential part of a successful relationship. Time spent strengthening and building a stable and firm connection between the two of you is vital and worth every ounce of investment.
Read more here