(Before It's News)
Joao Carlos Daily Dose
Over the summer I was on vacation and happen to drive by a pretty cool skate park in Ericeira witch is a big surfing town on Portugal’s gold coast . I have been wanting to shoot some skate boarders for awhile and Since I always cary my FUJI XT-1 with me , I took advantage and tested out the Firmware VER 4.00.
The Zone mode allows to choose a 3×3, 5×3 or 5×5 zone from the 77-point AF area. When combined with the AF-C continuous focusing mode, the camera tracks a subject in the center of the selected zone. In the Wide/Tracking mode, the camera displays the area in focus, identified automatically out of the 77-point AF area, and tracks the subject across the entire 77-point AF area. This maintains focus on a subject that moves up / down, left / right or closer / further from the camera. The Skate park conditions were the perfect testing zone.
During this weekend I also took advnatge and tested out the video options on my XT-1
, you can so the video at the begging of the post , every clip was taken with the Fuji XT -1
. To create the video i used this very cool new platform called http://www.magisto.com . Magisto is not perfect , how ever it makes things super simple top edit all you have to do is up load either Photos or Video and after a series of pre sets your video is good to go .
Compact size. The Fujifilm X-T1 does away with the mirror of a DSLR. That allows the engineers to keep the size and weight down. And they’re getting remarkably good at packing an awful lot of processing and imaging power into that smaller package. It’s a bit bigger than your classic rangefinder but smaller than the average DSLR. But it does have an electronic viewfinder, which makes it a little bigger than the Fujifilm X-E2and some of the others in the range.
Rugged, weather resistant design. The body is made of magnesium, and the dials are aluminum. The LCD screen is reinforced. It feels solid in the hand, not at all flimsy. The body is also weather proofed and when used with a similarly weather proofed lens like the XF18-135mm, Fujifilm claims that it is designed to deal with the cold down to -10C/14F and is dust-resistant and water-resistant. Sensor. Fujifilm is known for, well, film. Turns out their sensors are pretty good too. This one comes with an APS-C CMOS sensor.
Excellent Image Quality. The image quality that the X-T1’s sensor produces is excellent. The photos are sharp, have very good color rendering, and have good dynamic range. More on this below, along with some real-world image samples.
The 3-inch LCD screen is big and bright. LCD screens can often be unusable in bright sunlight, but the one on the X-T1 is bright and I had no problem using it even in direct sunlight. The menu items are laid out reasonably and sensibly.
- Image sensor: 16.3 megapixel APS-C X-Trans CMOS II
- ISO Sensitivity: 200 – 6400 (extended to 100, 12800, 25600, 51200)
- Sensor Cleaning System with Ultra Sonic Vibration
- Memory Cards: SDHX / SDXC memory cards / Class 10 (not included)
- Still Image File Formats: JPEG, RAW (RAF format), RAW+JPEG
- Movie File Format: MOV / H.264 / Linear PCM Stereo
- Lens mount: FUJIFILM X mount
- Image Stabilizer: Supported with OIS-type lenses
- Exposure Control: TTL 256-zone metering, Multi / Spot / Average
- Exposure mode Programmed AE / Shutter Speed priority AE / Aperture priority AE / Manual exposure
- Synchronized shutter speed for flash : 1/180 sec. or slower
- Continuous shooting Approx. 8.0 fps (JPEG : max. approx. 47 frames)
- Approx. 3.0 fps (JPEG : up to the capacity of the card)
- Focus Modes: Single AF / Continuous AF / MF Distance Indicator type Intelligent Hybrid AF (TTL contrast AF / TTL phase detection AF), AF assist illuminator available
- Weight Approx. 440g / 15.4 oz. (including battery and memory card)
- Battery Life for Still Images: Approx. 350 frames under “normal” shooting conditions.
I hope you enjoyed this post , if I missed any questions im sorry please feel free to send me any messages or questions about this shoot , working with the XT-1 ,or any other questions you may have , subscribe to my blog fur more info….
Lowepro Adventure 160
Fujifilm X-T1 Silver Edition
Fujinon XF Super EBC 14mm f/2.8
Fujinon XF Super EBC 27mm f/2.8
Fujinon XF Super EBC 35mm f/1.4
Fujinon XF Super EBC 56mm f/1.2
Fujifilm extra battery
Sandisk extreme pro SD cards