Visitors Now:
Total Visits:
Total Stories:
Profile image
Story Views

Last Hour:
Last 24 Hours:

Yemen / Saudi update 10/11/2016.. Saudis Blocking Medical Aid to Yemen

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 20:18
% of readers think this story is Fact. Add your two cents.

(Before It's News)

Saudis Blocking Medical Aid to Yemen

Iran urges UN help in sending aid to Yemen

‘Saudi causing immense carnage in Yemen’

New Documents Show US Knew Helping Saudis in Yemen Could Be War Crime

As the relationship between the United States and Saudi Arabia comes under renewed scrutiny in the wake of the Gulf nation’s weekend bombing campaign in Yemen, a Reuters exclusive published Monday reveals that the Obama administration approved a $1.3 billion arms sale to Saudi Arabia last year despite warnings that it could implicate the U.S. in war crimes. The Saudi-led airstrikes in Yemen on Saturday killed at least 140 people and wounded hundreds more, prompting the U.S. to launch a “review” of its support for the kingdom. On Monday, Reuters reported that the U.S. Department of State had already warned the government that “the United States could be implicated in war crimes” for aiding the campaign. Officials also had doubts that the Saudi military would actually be able to target Houthi militants without hurting civilians or destroying infrastructure, according to department emails and interviews with officials. However, government lawyers stopped just short of concluding that U.S. support for the campaign would implicate the country in war crimes—which could have opened up the U.S. military to accountability. Reuters writes:

U.S. government lawyers ultimately did not reach a conclusion on whether U.S. support for the campaign would make the United States a “co-belligerent” in the war under international law, four current and former officials said. That finding would have obligated Washington to investigate allegations of war crimes in Yemen and would have raised a legal risk that U.S. military personnel could be subject to prosecution, at least in theory. The documents, obtained by Reuters through a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request, shed new light on “how the United States pressed the Saudis to limit civilian damage and provided detailed lists of sites to avoid bombing, even as officials worried about whether the Saudi military had the capacity to do so,” Rueters continues.

American officials were actually well aware that airstrikes in Yemen were killing scores of civilians. Reuters writes: State Department lawyers “had their hair on fire” as reports of civilian casualties in Yemen multiplied in 2015, and prominent human rights groups charged that Washington could be complicit in war crimes, one U.S. official said. That official and the others requested anonymity. During an October 2015 meeting with private human rights groups, a State Department specialist on protecting civilians in conflict acknowledged Saudi strikes were going awry. “The strikes are not intentionally indiscriminate but rather result from a lack of Saudi experience with dropping munitions and firing missiles,” the specialist said, according to a department account of the meeting.

The specialist also noted that “weak intelligence” had contributed to confusion over who was who on the ground.

The real scene in Yemen and Syria

Matt Lee: Any difference airstrikes Yemen & Aleppo? 11 Oct 2016

Obama Is Killing Yemen: A Yemeni Journalist Speaks Out After U.S.-Backed Bombing Strikes Funeral

Spokesman: Yemeni Army Starts Popular Mobilization for Battle against S. Arabia

Yemen’s Army Spokesman Brigadier General Sharaf Luqman vowed to give a crushing response to the Saudi aggression, and said the Yemeni people are being trained to join the battle against Riyadh and its allies.

“The military training of people has started in camps and we should give a crushing response and a big lesson to the Saudi aggressors after the tragedy of Sana’a,” Luqman told al-Manar news channel on Tuesday.

Noting that the army is in possession of a large number of modern missiles, he said that the Yemeni forces have advanced 20km into the Saudi territories and seek to retake their occupied provinces back from Riyadh.

Saudi soldiers killed and destructing 2 armored in a perfect ambush in Jizan

S. Arabia Hiring Terrorists in Syria for War in Yemen

Lebanese media reported that Riyadh has resorted to hiring the terrorists in Syria to repel the Yemeni army and Ansarullah’s attacks. According to al-Akhbar newspaper, the Saudi spy agency has started hiring the terrorist groups operating in Southern Syria following the recent advances of the Yemeni army in the bordering areas and in Jizzan, Najran and Asir provinces. Security sources in Southern Syria told the Lebanese daily that the Saudi spy agency is hiring 3,000 to 4,000 terrorists in the region to transfer them to the Saudi-Yemeni border regions to fight against the Abdullah Saleh and Ansarullah forces.

They added that Jordan and Saudi Arabia have resumed training for the terrorists stationed in Southern Syria since late August. The training is done in the Jordanian army bases in Northern Jordan and the Saudi bases at the two regions of Arar and Hafr al-Baten in the Northeastern parts of Saudi Arabia, according to the sources. Reports said on Monday that the Saudi National Guard troops arrived in the province of Najran to secure the Kingdom’s borders against Yemen’s retaliatory attacks after Riyadh killed hundreds of civilians in airstrikes on Sana’a two days ago. Saudi Arabia’s al-Akhbariah news channel broadcasted the footages of military equipment sent to the country’s forces in Najran, and reported that fresh military units of the Saudi National Guard have arrived in the province. “These forces are equipped with state-of-the-art weapons and they have been sent to support the Saudi border guards,” it added.

Iran’s General Soleimani: Saudi Deputy Crown Prince May Kill King Salman to Ascend to Throne

Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Quds Force Commander Major General Ghassem Soleimani said Saudi Arabia’s deputy crown prince is so wild and thirsty for power that he could even kill his own father to take the throne. Saudi Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, the youthful, ambitious son of King Salman bin Abdul Aziz who is also the defense minister is so thirsty for power and has taken the country’s affairs into his hand in such a bold and aggressive manner that many believe he is the heir apparent and would topple the Crown Prince, Muhammad Bin Nayef, in one way or another soon. Addressing a ceremony in Tehran on Wednesday, General Soleimani said the Saudi prince “is so impatient that he might kill his own father, the king”.       read more here

WHO confirms 11 Cholera cases in Yemen’s capital

Report abuse


Your Comments
Question   Razz  Sad   Evil  Exclaim  Smile  Redface  Biggrin  Surprised  Eek   Confused   Cool  LOL   Mad   Twisted  Rolleyes   Wink  Idea  Arrow  Neutral  Cry   Mr. Green

Top Stories
Recent Stories



Email this story
Email this story

If you really want to ban this commenter, please write down the reason:

If you really want to disable all recommended stories, click on OK button. After that, you will be redirect to your options page.