Yemen Over 43 killed after Saudi led airstrikes hits prison complex
At least 60 killed in Yemen strike
Adam Barron on Al Jazeera English on latest Saudi atrocities in Hodeidah et al in #Yemen
At Least 45 Killed by Saudi-Led Coalition Airstrike at Yemeni Prison
At least 45 people, including inmates, were killed in a Saudi-led coalition airstrike on Yemeni port city of Hodeidah, several sources told media. The prison in question is located in the city’s al-Zaydiyah district and was reportedly holding 84 inmates. It was shelled three times, said a local official, relatives, and medical sources, RT reported. According to Ruptly news agency, another Saudi-led coalition airstrike also hit the port of Hodeidah. The video filmed by Ruptly crew shows port infrastructure destroyed by mortars and still smoking, while firefighters try to extinguish the flames. There was no immediate comment on the airstrike from the Saudi-led coalition.
Saudi Arabia intervened in the Yemen conflict to fight popular forces and restore ousted President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi to power in March 2015. The intervention has so far claimed the lives of at least 12,000 people, according to the latest figures. The majority of victims are killed in airstrikes. Since the beginning of the conflict, there have been reports of Saudi jets targeting schools, hospitals, marketplaces, and other civilian buildings.
In the latest incident, at least 17 civilians, including 11 members of one family, were killed in the western Yemeni city of Taiz. Iran criticizes Saudi Arabia’s election to UNHRC despite rights violations
Yemeni Forces Destroy Saudi Arabia’s Operation Room in Sana’a, Advance in Western Ta’iz
A senior Yemeni commander announced that his country’s forces have destroyed a Saudi-led military operations room in the capital city of Sana’a while their comrades have made considerable advances in the Western parts of Ta’iz province. “The Yemeni forces fully destroyed the Saudi military operations center in the Ninth District of Sana’a city,” Colonel Ahmad al-Wael told FNA on Sunday. He reiterated that the Yemeni army and popular forces are still in control of Sana’a city’s strategic regions despite the heavy clashes underway there. “At least 10 Saudi troops were killed in clashes with Yemeni forces in Sana’a's Ninth district on Saturday,” Colonel Wael added.
The army commander, meantime, said the Yemeni forces have also continued their military advances in the Eastern part of Ta’iz province. On Wednesday, the Yemeni army and popular forces pushed back an attack by pro-Saudi troops to advance towards a strategic region in Sana’a province on Wednesday, inflicting heavy losses on them. The Yemeni forces managed to drive back the pro-Saudi forces that were backed by the kingdom’s fighter jets, stopping their advance towards al-Houl district in the Ninth district of Sana’a province.
The Yemeni army and popular forces also blocked the pro-Saudi forces’ advance towards al-Shabaka region in Sana’a province. In Ta’iz province, the Yemeni army hit a gathering center of the terrorists in al-Jamila region in a missile attack which resulted in the death and injury of several pro-Saudi forces.
In al-Jawf province, the Yemeni army’s artillery units hit the Saudi mercenaries in al-Khanjar region near Khob and al-Sha’af regions, inflicting several casualties on them.