Mosul offensive continues
Iraqi army advance meets resistance in Mosul – world
Iraqi Forces Inch Closer To Mosul
Iraqi PM visits newly-freed areas near Mosul
The Mosul liberation operation entered its fourth week on Monday as the Iraqi Army forces and their allies push the terrorists back in more regions on the outskirts of the crucial city, especially in Western flanks of Mosul, to block ISIL’s escape paths to Syria’s Raqqa.
Commander: Iraqi Forces Liberate Over 60 Percent of Nineveh Province
Iraq’s counterterrorism department announced that ISIL’s use of civilians as human shields has slowed down advances in the Mosul operation, but meantime said over half of the Nineveh province has been liberated by the Iraqi army and volunteer forces (Hashd al-Shaabi).
“About 60 percent of the Mosul region has been seized back,” Spokesman of the Iraqi Counterterrorism Department Sabah al-Nauman said on Monday.
Iraqi Army Hunting ISIL Terrorists’ Suicide Vehicles with Kornet Missiles
The Iraqi army is using Russian-made Kornet anti-tank missiles to get rid of the ISIL’s bomb-laden vehicles in Mosul liberation operation.
“Many weapons have the capability of destroying the (ISIL’s) bomb-laden vehicles, but it is only the Kornet anti-tank missile which can penetrate deep into very thick metal sheets,” an Iraqi military commander said.
Iraqi Forces Kill ISIL Commander near Mosul
Iraq’s government forces killed one of the leaders of the ISIL terrorist group South of Mosul, media reported on Monday.
The Algeria-born field commander Abu Khamza was killed in Hamam al-Alil area, which was taken under control of the government forces on Sunday, TASS reported.
Kurdish Peshmerga Forces Recapture Bashiqa
The Iraqi Kurdish Pishmerga forces who laid siege on Baishqa several weeks ago and attacked the city within the framework of the Mosul liberation operation managed to take control of Baishqa on Monday.
Pishmerga forces attacked Baishqa from the Northeastern side of the city and repelled several terrorist attacks, the Arabic-language al-Mayadeen website reported.
Commander: Over 2,000 ISIL Militants Killed during Mosul Campaign
A top Iraqi military commander said that more than 2,000 ISIL militants have been killed since the start of the offensive to liberate the ISIL stronghold city of Mosul in Northern Iraq.
Mosul Operations commander Maj. Gen. Najm Al-Jabouri told the local Al-Sumaria News that the initial statistics for the undergoing military operation in Mosul show that more than 2,000 ISIL militants, including some of their high-level leadership, have been killed so far.
Iraqi Forces Rescue over 6,400 Civilians in Mosul
Nineveh Liberation Operation Commander Major General Abdul Amir Rashid Yarallah announced that over 6,400 citizens of Mosul have been rescued by Iraq’s joint military forces so far.
“Al-Juda’a military camp in al-Qayyara region has hosted 6403 Iraqi civilians,” General Yarallah said.
ISIL Sets Oil Wells Ablaze as Iraqi Army Advances in Mosul Campaign
ISIL militants in Mosul set oil wells ablaze to slow the advance of Iraqi forces as the militants retreat while they were pushed Northwards by the Iraqi forces.
The UK charity group, Oxfam said thousands of families are forced to live in what it called a “smoke-filled hell” with scant access to clean water in villages and towns around Mosul, Arab Herald reported.
Hashd Al-Shaabi Takes Control of All Roads Leading to Mosul
A senior commander of the Iraqi volunteer forces (Hashd al-Shaabi) announced that his forces have taken full control of all roads to the city of Mosul in Nineveh province.
“The Hashd al-Shaabi forces are now in full control of all roads leading to Mosul … and they have managed to seize back 65 villages,” Abu Mohandes said.
Official: ISIL Deployed Drones with Chemical Gas in Mosul
The ISIL militants deployed drones strapped with explosives, long-range artillery shells “filled with chlorine and mustard gas and highly effective snipers”, a top Iraqi Kurdish security official said.
The Chief of Security in Iraq’s Kurdistan Regional Government, Masrour Barzani, said that ISIL has deployed several of these drones since the Peshmerga forces and Iraqi Army troops launched a battle to retake Mosul on 17 October, ARA News reported.
According to Barzani, the next phase of the Mosul operation may be harder as ISIL is expected to show fiercer resistance to protect its main positions inside the city.
Iraqi Forces Advance towards Mosul International Airport
Iraqi security forces drove ISIL fighters from several towns and villages South of the militants’ main stronghold of Mosul and reached within a few km of the Mosul International airport on the Southern edge of the city, a senior commander said.
The commander of Iraqi federal police Lieutenant-General Raed Shakir Jawdat said security forces were in control of Hammam al-Alil, South of Mosul, adding that another Iraqi police unit advanced further North up the Western bank of the Tigris river, Vestnik Kavkaza reported.
Hashd Al-Sha’abi Commander: Saudi Arabia “Mother of All Terrorism”
A senior commander of Iraq’s Popular Mobilization Forces Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis said Saudi Arabia is the “mother of all terrorism”.
Muhandis made the remarks in an interview with the al-Alam television network during which he stressed that both the ISIL and al-Qaeda terrorist groups are the product of Saudi Arabia, and that ISIL’s psychological and media campaign is partially funded from Riyadh, presstv reported.
Muhandis noted that the operations to free Mosul from the ISIL terrorists will take some time as the militants are receiving intelligence from several external sources, mainly the US.
Battle for Mosul: Peshmerga push into ISIL-held Bashiqa
Peshmerga fighters enter Bashiqa
Iran condemns terrorist attacks in Iraq
Hit list: UK special forces to track & kill British citizens in Iraq
“Reports say Takfiris kidnap children to use them as bombers”
Raqqa/Mosul: Politicians Fiddle As Middle East Burns
Plan To Seize ISIS ‘Capital’ Raqqa Announced
US fighters spotted near Raqqa frontline as Syrian rebels attempt to retake it from ISIS
Syria; On The Road To Raqqa With The Syrian Democratic Forces As Battle For Mosul Continues
U.S.-Backed Forces Launch Assault On Syrian ISIS ‘Capital’
In their rushing, bulls in china shops, the United States and the mere extras have decided to shatter their own ambitions again – this time in Raqqa, the self-declared capital city of ISIL in Syria.
Statements from armchair warriors at the Pentagon confirm that a Syrian Kurdish and Arab force backed by US air strikes has launched an offensive against the de facto capital. The big idea is to maximise pressure on ISIL when it is already under attack in Mosul in Iraq. If this all seems a little rushed and desperate, it is:
1- One of the great disadvantages of hurry is that it takes such a long time. The east-west advance across the Syrian border to take Raqqa comes despite the fact that Washington and company haven’t yet been able to complete the Mosul operation in Iraq.
2- The two-front war takes place on two geographically separate fronts, being executed by two or more separate forces simultaneously or nearly simultaneously, in the hope that ISIL will be forced to split their fighting force to deal with both threats, therefore reducing their odds of success. The problem is, ISIL forces are not stationed only in Raqqa.
3- The Obama administration’s gambit is to prolong the dirty war on Syria on the pretext of fighting the Salafi-jihadist group. That includes delaying the ongoing military operation by the Syrian Army and allies to liberate the city of Aleppo. This way the US doesn’t have to complete the Mosul operation before continuing the east-west advance. This is highly unlikely, but they want to schedule victory in Raqqa – before Syria does. President Obama also intended to show the Democrats have a dominant foreign policy in a bid to assist his favorite nominee in the upcoming presidential race Hillary Clinton.
4- US officials know that the days of their “moderate” proxy forces are numbered in Aleppo. They have to station them somewhere else. They want to establish Raqqa as the de facto capital of “moderate” rebels – the very groups now openly allied to Al-Qaeda – under the cover of a US-imposed no-fly zone. This way the US can also establish a permanent military presence in the country – more of the sordid same in other parts of the region.
5- The Mosul operation is expected to last multiple months, and comments from US officials suggest they believe Raqqa will be an even bigger and longer offensive. They would like us to believe that the assault on ISIL in Syria is very much orchestrated by the US and dependent on US-led airstrikes. This is nonsense. The US only decided to intervene when it became clear that the alliance of Iran, Syria, Russia and Hezbollah was winning the war on its proxy goons.
6-The opening of the Raqqa offensive brings with it political complications that may exceed the military difficulties. Turkey does not want Raqqa to fall to a force dominated by the YPG, which is the Syrian arm of the Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK). It has been fighting a guerrilla warfare against Turkey since 1984. In other words, Turkey won’t sit on its hands.
Despite the complexity of the present situation, it is still not that hard to realise that the professional warmongers cannot extinguish the fire in Syria if they themselves are the arsonists. It is hard to look at their actions and still believe the decision to calibrate their tactics is humanitarianism.
The rushed and desperate offensive has nothing to do with dislodging ISIL and everything to do with power play and keeping a military footprint in Syria. The perverse essence of this new gambit is completely based on a cynical calculation meant to prolong the war and protect Washington’s illicit interests. It is no surprise, then, that this will get much uglier – with terrible consequences.
Footage from Aleppo – Aftermath of terrorist attack (4th-5th November)
The Syrian army forces are waiting for their commanders to issue an order to start massive operations in the Western districts of Aleppo.
Al-Watan newspaper quoted a field source as saying that the army and its allies have prepared themselves for the military operations to put an end to any potential militant assault in future in the Western districts of Aleppo.
The source added that the Syrian army has foiled the terrorists’ attempts to enter the 3,000-Unit Housing Complex and Housing Project 1070, Zahiyeh al-Assad, Jam’iyat al-Zahra and Benjamin regions.
According to the source, the Syrian troops’ missile and artillery attacks in the past two days have continuously targeted the terrorists’ positions and the air force has concurrently attacked the Takfiris’ hideouts in the Western and Southwestern parts of Aleppo as well as their supply routes linking Aleppo to Idlib and Hama.
Experts believe that the Syrian army which has been equipped with massive arms and weapons systems in the past few days is fully prepared to launch military operations against Jeish al-Fatah terrorists and their regional allies, specially the Turks, saying that they are likely to start the operations in the next 48 hours.
The Syrian Air Force heavily bombed the positions and gatherings of the terrorist groups in the Western and Southwestern parts of Aleppo city on Sunday, killing tens of militants.
Tens of terrorists were killed and many more were wounded in the air assault their positions, bases and roads in the villages of al-Jeniyeh, al-Mansoureh, Zorat Abd Rabbeh, Khan al-Asal and Awrom al-Cobra and the districts of al-Rashedeen 4 and 5.
Terrorists’ bases and military vehicles sustained major damage in the air raid.
The Syrian fighter jets also pounded terrorists’ centers near the Housing Project 1070, preventing terrorists from advancing towards 3,000-Units Housing Complex.
Syrian warplanes also targeted terrorists’ positions in Atarib, Aram, Kafr Naha and Abin, claiming the lives of several militants.
The air raids also targeted terrorists’ convoy of reinforcement troops on the way to the New Aleppo district and the Assad Military-Engineering Academy.
Terrorist groups-affiliated media acknowledged on Saturday that hundreds of militants were killed or wounded in failed attacks on the positions of the government troops in Western and Southwestern Aleppo.
“A large number of militants have been killed, including senior commanders. In the meantime, hundreds more have been wounded in the second wave of the Great Epic Operation to lift the army’s siege of the militant-held Eastern districts of Aleppo city,” the sources said.
Also, Abdullah Muhammad al-Muhaysini, a senior al Qaeda-linked cleric and the religious leader of Jeish al-Fatah terrorist group, said in a voice massage on his tweeter page that at least four Saudi militants, including commander Khatab al-Tabouki al-Atwi, were killed in clashes with Syrian army in the Western parts of Aleppo.
Sources close to the terrorist groups admitted on Wednesday that between 2,200 up to 2,500 militants have been killed or wounded in their large-scale offensive on government forces’ positions in the Western and Southwestern parts of Aleppo city in the last few days.
The Arabic service of RT quoted the sources as saying that the terrorist groups suffered between 2, 200 up to 2,500 casualties, including a large number of non-Syrian militants, in their Great Epic Operation on Army positions in Western and Southwestern Aleppo in the last 6 days.
Syria, in the hell of Aleppo – © Paolo Siccardi photoreporter
Syrian army destroys a tunnel for militants between Baqin & Madaya in Damascus CS
Syrian War Report – November 7, 2016: Russian Attack Helicopters Swarm in Homs Province
Syrian president: West much weaker in Syria than before