Saudi Arabia announces 48-hour truce in Yemen
Saudi Arabia breaches 48-hour truce in Yemen
Fresh Saudi Bombardment Violates Yemen Truce
Saudi Arabia’s warplanes conducted fresh airstrikes against Yemen, violating a 48-hour ceasefire which the kingdom announced earlier. Yemen’s al-Masirah television said Saudi jets bombarded a district in the Southwestern province of Ta’iz several times. Similar attacks were carried out in the Salif district of Hudaydah Province, the Maran neighborhood of Sa’ada Province and the Bani Hushaysh district of Sana’a Province, the report said. Yemen’s army forces also foiled an attempt by Saudi mercenaries to advance in the Baqa border region and killed dozens of them, it added. The attacks came shortly after Saudi Arabia said it had decided to begin a 48-hour ceasefire from 12:00 noon in Yemen’s timing (09:00 GMT) on Saturday.
Saudi Arabia has been striking Yemen since last March to restore power to fugitive president Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh. The Saudi-led aggression has so far killed nearly 12,000 Yemenis, including hundreds of women and children. Despite Riyadh’s claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi bombers are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures. According to several reports, the Saudi-led air campaign against Yemen has drove the impoverished country towards humanitarian disaster. Houthis Targeting Saudi Forces
Yemen Truce Takes Effect After Week Of U.S. Pressure