Yemen’s Ansarullah kills 4 Saudi troops in retaliatory attacks
Saudi Arabia: Pro-Saleh/Houthis Storm Saudi Border Guard Tower
Over 150 Saudi-Led Forces Killed, Injured by Yemenis near Bab al-Mandeb
Yemeni Army’s missile units targeted Saudi-led coalition forces in the Southeastern province of Ta’iz, killing or wounding at least 150 of them, local sources said on Thursday. The sources said the Yemeni Army carried out the attack on a gathering of the Saudi-led forces in Sha’ab al-Jin near Bab al-Mandeb region, inflicting over 150 casualties on them. They further added that the attack also ended in at least ten military vehicles of the Saudi-led coalition forces being destroyed. The local sources also noted that among the casualties were militants who were recently transferred to the port city of Aden, located 170km to Bab al-Mandeb, on a Turkish plane. The contingent of Saudi-led forces arrived in the strategic region just two days ago, apparently for a major military assault on the Yemeni forces.
On Saturday, the Yemeni security sources disclosed that the Turkish plane has transferred Al-Qaeda terrorists from Syria’s Northern city of Aleppo to Aden and evacuated wounded pro-Saudi militias to medical treatment centers outside the country when returning to Turkey. “The Turkish airplane landed at Aden International Airport to transfer the pro-Saudi mercenaries wounded in the Yemeni forces’ offensives in Ta’iz province for treatment in Turkish hospitals,” the Arabic-language al-Ahd news website quoted informed sources as saying. The sources noted that some 150 al-Qaeda terrorists stepped out of the plane as soon as it landed, adding that they had been relocated from Syria’s Aleppo to Aden. Displaced people in Athrwan IDP Sanaa Yemen 2017
Some of the unnamed workers were reportedly sentenced in a Mecca court to four months imprisonment and 300 lashes each, on charges of destroying public property and inciting unrest. Others received prison sentences of 45 days.
The nationalities of the workers have not been made public by Riyadh. The workers had primarily been employed by Saudi Oger, a construction company, and the Binladin Group, which was founded by the father of the deceased al-Qaeda leader. After the kingdom’s oil revenues collapsed, the contracted workers went unpaid.