Visitors Now:
Total Visits:
Total Stories:
Profile image
By Jeffery Pritchett
Contributor profile | More stories
Story Views

Now:
Last Hour:
Last 24 Hours:
Total:

Revealed: Pentagon Quietly Tells Servicemen They Can Arm Themselves After Trump Win (Video)

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 12:17
% of readers think this story is Fact. Add your two cents.

(Before It's News)

If by now you haven’t figured out that Facebook and Google are in cahoots with the government, then I feel for you, but for those who are well aware of the issues it’s high time you switched over to Seen.life. It is a website that is similar to Facebook but without all the censorship crap. 

The Department of Defense released an official directive last week to allow U.S. military personnel to request permission to carry concealed handguns for protection at government facilities.

The directive came in response to a series of deadly shootings at military sites in recent years. Domestic military bases need no longer be “gun-free zones,” a change the department has been working on for several years.

Service members already had the authority to carry weapons as part of specific job responsibilities, but the new policy would also allow them to carry privately owned firearms “for personal protection not associated with the performance of official duties,” the directive said, according to Military Times.

The directive was reportedly approved by Deputy Secretary of Defense Robert Work, according to International Business Times.

The directive also clarified when military recruiters could be armed, said Army Maj. Jamie Davis, a Defense Department spokesman.

Commanders have always had authority to arm recruiters, but the language wasn’t straightforward, Davis explained.

“Some of the wording wasn’t very clear, so they’ve gone through and cleaned it up so it is very clear now that the commanders have that authority to use at their discretion,” Davis told Military Times on Monday.

The policy was a response to an NRA-backed provision in the 2015 National Defense Authorization Act that required the Defense Department to allow more service members to carry firearms on base.

“It is a good first step in that it recognizes personal protection is a valid issue for service members, but there are many roadblocks in the way of making that option available,” NRA spokeswoman Jennifer Baker told the Washington Free Beacon.

Those wishing to apply for permission to carry a firearm must be at least 21 years old and meet all federal, state and local laws, the directive said.

It would appear that the Pentagon saw no problems with implementing a policy for which President-elect Donald Trump has expressed support.

The immediate institution of this directive probably left President Barack Obama incensed, but he undoubtedly realized that there was nothing he could do to prevent its implementation in a couple of months anyway. And that’s good news because it works to ensure the safety of our troops, which should always be a priority.

Share this story on Facebook and Twitter and let us know what you think about this new directive.

What does this say about the Department of Defense? Scroll down to comment below!

 

If by now you haven’t figured out that Facebook and Google are in cahoots with the government, then I feel for you, but for those who are well aware of the issues it’s high time you switched over to Seen.life. It is a website that is similar to Facebook but without all the censorship crap. 

Source ConservativeTribune.com

Check out more contributions by Jeffery Pritchett ranging from UFO to Bigfoot to Paranormal to Prophecy

Report abuse

Comments

Your Comments
Question   Razz  Sad   Evil  Exclaim  Smile  Redface  Biggrin  Surprised  Eek   Confused   Cool  LOL   Mad   Twisted  Rolleyes   Wink  Idea  Arrow  Neutral  Cry   Mr. Green

Total 4 comments
  • “Gun-free zones” = “Free-Kill zone”

  • military bases are gun-free zones?? WTF??

    only in America

  • This in and of its self tells us that Obama was taking America down and getting ready to hand us over to the UN , Muslims and the NWO Vatican Esau bunch . I’m so glad that Trump has common sense . Law ABIDING tax paying citizens are the back bone of America . Obama was attempting to disarm these people ? And now Sandy Hook has come out as a show put on for the American public . I understand law suites have been filed . Those bragging about leaving America after Trump won are more than likely the ones that was pushing this criminal agenda on Americans . If I was president coming in , I would tell the criminals you got 2 months to get packed and leave America , because after that if you are still here it’s curtains for you . Your show is over ! Bring the evil strong holds down !

  • I Hate the UN. I will kill Blue/White-Hatters. No ambiguity on that. :cool:

Top Stories
Recent Stories

Register

Newsletter

Email this story
Email this story

If you really want to ban this commenter, please write down the reason:

If you really want to disable all recommended stories, click on OK button. After that, you will be redirect to your options page.