Profile image
Story Views

Now:
Last Hour:
Last 24 Hours:
Total:

Paytm Ends Wallet Journey To Start With Payments Bank

Saturday, January 7, 2017 14:28
% of readers think this story is Fact. Add your two cents.

(Before It's News)

Latest News

Use of Paytm wallet may end on January 15 and the company will be converted into Paytem Bank. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has given a final approval of much-awaited Payments Bank license to its founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma, who shared the news withb others on Facebook.

Sharma wrote, “This is our chance to build something that every Indian can be proud of. No other role or responsibility means as much to me as the privilege of building Paytm Payments Bank, and I intend to takr a full-time executive role in the Bank.”

paytm-ends-ewallet-journey-to-start-with-payments-bank

Last year Airtel launched its Payments Bank, but as a pilit project it focused only in Rajasthan.

Last month Sharma explained 51 percent of the stake of Paytm is with him and the remaining 49 percent with One97 Communication. However, it is not to forget 40 percent of the One97 Communication stake is with Chinese company Alibaba.

Meanwhile, after the launch of Payments Bank the company gets a target to achieve accounts base of 20 cored Indians within a year.

Paytm has also integrated UPI based cash loading mechanism into its wallet and Senior Vice President Nitin Misra said, “This will not only help customers add money into their Paytm Wallets, but also act as a strong foundation for our upcoming Payments Bank. Going forward, we will continue to leverage various India Stack features to bring innovative and cost-effective services to our fellow Indians.”



Source: http://www.smarttechtoday.com/paytm-ends-ewallet-journey-to-start-with-payments-bank/16838/

Report abuse

Comments

Your Comments
Question   Razz  Sad   Evil  Exclaim  Smile  Redface  Biggrin  Surprised  Eek   Confused   Cool  LOL   Mad   Twisted  Rolleyes   Wink  Idea  Arrow  Neutral  Cry   Mr. Green

Top Stories
Recent Stories
 

Featured

 

Top Global

 

Top Alternative

Register

Newsletter

Email this story
Email this story

If you really want to ban this commenter, please write down the reason:

If you really want to disable all recommended stories, click on OK button. After that, you will be redirect to your options page.