Good sleep and regular exercise are necessary to maintain health. Both are within our control. As for the good night sleep factor mattresses play a major role. Mattress can cause insomnia rooting medical issues like asthma, allergies, neck, and low back pain.
Alignment is vital
Alignment is important while sleeping. If you regularly experience fatigue, daytime sleepiness, headache and lack of concentration, after your night’s sleep then it indicates that your body does not get sufficient support or is aligned poorly, during sleep.
Spine neutral position is essential for body to get good oxygen and relaxation. However, the mattress condition and type greatly influences body alignment. Inappropriate mattress can create or/and worsen structural imbalances causing insomnia, sleep apnea, and low back pain. Visit mattress inquirer to understand the importance of alignment, while sleeping.
Which mattress is best for spine neutral position?
Hard mattresses seem to be better for some and a few find soft ones helpful. There is also a group that believes that the kind of mattress you find comfortable is an ideal one.
How soft or hard a mattress is makes a huge difference in gaining quality sleep. Let’s understand the pros and cons of both.
In the past, firm mattresses were said to be the best for treating insomnia and back pain.
• Firm mattresses allow the sleeper to sleep on top surface in neutral spine position.
• This delivers great pressure on the specific points on the back side.
• Allows more intake of oxygen as lower back stays aligned.
• Blood circulation enhances
• People with low back issues must avoid hard mattress
• Side sleepers flip from one shoulder to another, all night. It is an attempt to lessen shoulder pressure but this constant movement disturbs their natural sleep cycle. The next day they wake up feeling tired, frustrated and quirky.
With technology evolving and awareness related to body alignment has made mattress manufactures design soft mattresses.
• Soft mattress alleviates back pain.
• Helps senior citizens handle their joint pains.
• Side sleepers find soft ones comfortable.
• Healthy people can be disadvantageous to healthy people because the mattress sinks down as they lie on it.
• Softness can cause misalignment overtime as they grow softer and impact sleep quality
• Soft ones are expensive than their firm counterparts.
Which mattress matters – firm or soft?
In today’s era, sleep science is involved in developing modern spring less mattresses. For example, you can choose the modern foam mattress. It temporarily contours to your body shape as you lie down. Its original flat-rectangular shape gets retained as you get up. There is no body impression left behind on a permanent basis.
The price aspect of modern foam beds range from fairly low-priced to fairly extravagant. Actually, the price depends on the core materials, bed frame, firmness level, foam type, and manufacturing process.
Therefore make sure that you research thoroughly, prior investing in one. The right option will allow to eliminate insomnia and benefits of good sleep can be attained.
Benefits of a good sleep
Using the right kind of mattress delivers good sleep, which in turn provides an array of benefits.
• You feel happy and have better mood
• Boosts sex drive
• Muscles get built more easily
• Enhances short term memory
• Better and safe driving
• Stay fit and save on medical costs for treating insomnia and sleep apnea
• Have healthy skin
• Chances of developing diabetes decrease significantly
• Eliminates anxiety and depression
• No slurred speech or repetitive word usage
• No headaches or migraines
• More focused and productive at home and work
• Few grave mistakes due to sleeplessness gets eliminated
• Tiredness from eyes get removed and vision gets cleared
• No allergies like cold and cough
• Less heart and pain issues
Proper body support from the mattress, while sleeping allows sleeping all night calmly. The right kind of mattress is the one that distributes your body weight correctly.