(9) Duke (27-8) - Projected Seed 1
I know Duke has 8 losses, and the committee is supposed to ignore conference finish. They have a whopping 16 top 100 wins. I think the committee gives them the #1 seed nod over UNC because of winning 2 out 3 head to head.
(4) North Carolina (27-7) - Projected Seed 2
UNC was a #1 seed heading into the ACC Tournament, and probably would have stayed there without Duke’s slightly improbable run. The committee could flip-flip them. It’s going to be close.
(7) Louisville (24-8) - Projected Seed 3
Louisville lost to the eventual ACC Champion Duke. They don’t have a loss outside the top 40.
(13) Florida State (25-8) - Projected Seed 4
A 4-4 finish probably keeps Florida State from higher than a 4 seed.
(21) Notre Dame (25-9)- Projected Seed 4
Notre Dame got to the finals of the ACC Tournament, and just 1 loss outside the top 20.
(18) Virginia (22-10) - Projected Seed 6
Virginia went 4-5 in their last 9 games. They could get a 5 seed, but I think they’ll end up at 6.
(46) Virginia Tech (22-10) - Projected Seed 8
Virginia Tech’s profile screams 8-9 team. If they win their opening game, they’ll give some #1 seed fits.
(42) Miami (21-11) - Projected Seed 9
Miami looks awfully similar to Virginia Tech.
(39) Wake Forest (19-13) - Projected Seed 11
Wake Forest fought their way into the Big Dance on the strength of a strong finish. They’ll be headed to Dayton, but they’re in.
(85) Syracuse (18-14) - Out
I don’t think Syracuse is going to make it. There are horrible losses to St. Johns and Boston College. There is also the 14 losses and the 2-5 finish. If they make it, they are the last team in.