Profile image
By AmmoLand (Reporter)
Contributor profile | More stories
Story Views

Last Hour:
Last 24 Hours:

Fund Your Conservation Project With A Kansas Big Game Permit

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 9:09
% of readers think this story is Fact. Add your two cents.

Kansas 2017 Big Game PermitKansas 2017 Big Game Permit Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism (KDWPT)Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism (KDWPT)

PRATT, Kan. -( Kansas-based nonprofit organizations that actively promote wildlife conservation and hunting and fishing are invited to apply for a Kansas Wildlife, Parks and Tourism Commission Big Game Permit.

During this once-a-year drawing, nonprofits with an approved application are entered to win one of seven premium hunting permits that could include one elk, one pronghorn and up to seven deer permits, depending on winners’ choices.

The permits are valid statewide during any season with equipment legal for that season, and deer permits are valid for either white-tailed or mule deer.

Once drawn, vouchers can be sold to the highest bidder to raise money for the organization’s conservation efforts. Fifteen percent of the sale price goes directly to the chapter and 85 percent is remitted to the Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism (KDWPT) to be spent on a mutually agreed-upon conservation project.

If Kansas Hunters Feeding the Hungry (KSHFH) draws a permit, not less than 15 percent of the funds raised are remitted to KDWPT with 85 percent staying with KSHFH.

Successfully-drawn organizations pay KDWPT the permit fee and then are issued a voucher.

The final recipient of the voucher remits it to KDWPT and is issued a big game permit.

Permits may be issued to resident and nonresident hunters.

Only one permit per organization will be awarded; however, individual chapters of the same organization may receive permits in the same year. A chapter or organization is eligible to receive only one Commission Big Game Permit in a three-year period.

Last year, 132 applications were submitted, and the seven permits generated $64,550 in revenue for the winning organizations.

To enter, organizations must submit an application with a copy of their 501(c)(3) nonprofit status, articles of incorporation, and mission statement, as well as the organization’s preference for an elk, antelope or deer permit.

Applications can be downloaded from KDWPT’s website,; enter “2017 Commission Big Game Permit Application” in the search box.

Mail applications to Sheila Kemmis, Commission Secretary, Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism, 512 SE 25 Ave., Pratt, KS 67124. Applications must be received no later than Jan. 1, 2017.

Winners will be drawn at the Jan. 5, 2017 Kansas Wildlife, Parks and Tourism Commission meeting at the Flint Hills Technical College in Emporia.

This post Fund Your Conservation Project With A Kansas Big Game Permit appeared first on Shooting Sports News .


We encourage you to Share our Reports, Analyses, Breaking News and Videos. Simply Click your Favorite Social Media Button and Share.

Report abuse


Your Comments
Question   Razz  Sad   Evil  Exclaim  Smile  Redface  Biggrin  Surprised  Eek   Confused   Cool  LOL   Mad   Twisted  Rolleyes   Wink  Idea  Arrow  Neutral  Cry   Mr. Green

Top Stories
Recent Stories



Top Global

Top Alternative




Email this story
Email this story

If you really want to ban this commenter, please write down the reason:

If you really want to disable all recommended stories, click on OK button. After that, you will be redirect to your options page.