By John Farnam
Ft Collins, CO –-(Ammoland.com)- First 100 days?
The NRA endorsed Donald J Trump’s (DJT) presidential campaign early-on, and contributed generously ever since.
I don’t presume to speak for anyone except myself, but here is what I’d like to see from the DJT Administration, right away:
1) National CCW Reciprocity. Like driver’s licenses, state-issued CCW permits need to be honored nation-wide. Each state must extend “full faith and credit” to every other state. CCW holders represent the least imaginable threat, to police and anyone else. The current motley miscellany is incomprehensible. This is a no-brainer!
2) Removal of the “sport clause” for imports. Importing only guns that supposedly have a “sporting” purpose drives up costs and prices, and limits options. “Personal protection” is a legitimate reason for wanting to own a gun, any gun, and we need to stop thinking we can only say that in whispers!
3) Appointment of a pro-gun ATF director. It is time we have someone other than a raving, anti-gun fanatic as head of ATF! ATF is here to serve, not just harass, American gun owners and the American gun industry!
4) Reinstatement of the “Gun-Owners’ Protection Act” Honest American gun-owners should not be pointlessly harassed every time they travel with guns! When guns and magazines are legally possessed by a citizen of any state, he should be able to freely travel with them throughout the country, without having to guess which local anti-gun agendas are being enforced, and which aren’t.
5) Removal of suppressors/silencers from NFA. There is no earthly reason for suppressers/silencers to be NFA items. Who think they should continue to be, watch way too many gangster movies! Quiet guns make good neighbors!
The foregoing is, of course, not complete, but it is a good start.
We shouldn’t have to wait four years to see this. Let’s go, Don! Let’s go all you professing Republicans in Congress!
About John Farnam & Defense Training International, Inc
As a defensive weapons and tactics instructor John Farnam will urge you, based on your own beliefs, to make up your mind in advance as to what you would do when faced with an imminent and unlawful lethal threat. You should, of course, also decide what preparations you should make in advance, if any. Defense Training International wants to make sure that their students fully understand the physical, legal, psychological, and societal consequences of their actions or inactions.
It is our duty to make you aware of certain unpleasant physical realities intrinsic to the Planet Earth. Mr Farnam is happy to be your counselor and advisor. Visit: www.defense-training.com