Virginia – -(Ammoland.com)- We are off to a good start:
HB 1582, Del. Campbell, allows active military personnel over 18 and less than 21 to apply for a concealed handgun permit, reported out of committee and is headed to the House Floor!
Voting with gun owners: Lingamfelter, Wright, Cline, Gilbert, Morefield, Edmunds, Wilt, Webert, Morris, Fariss, O’Quinn, Head, Rush, Fowler, Davis, Tyler, Rasoul, Bell, John J.
Voting against gun owners: Hope, Kory, Lopez, Simon
HB 1458, Del. Lingamfelter, reduces CHP fee from the current maximum of $50 down to $5 for a five year permit! Reported out of committee UNANIMOUSLY and heads to Appropriations Committee.
HB 1418, Del. McQuinn, allows localities to ban guns in libraries, was KILLED in subcommittee by a 4 to 1 vote, with Delegate John J. Bell voting against gun owners.
Pro-gun and anti-gun bills continue to pour in:
Here is a sampling of some gun bill subjects:
* Constitutional Carry
* Concealed *weapon* permit
* Restoration of gun rights to NON-VIOLENT felons
* Switchblades made legal
* Codifying current law on carry in churches
* Updating “prohibited ammunition” definition for modern ammunition improvements
* Reduction of CHP fees
* No sales tax when purchasing many gun safes
* Laminated or plastic CHP cards
* Protection order becomes a de facto CHP
* Emergency shelters cannot ban guns
* CHPs for 18 to 20-year-old members of the military
* College carry, and more.
* Registration of all guns
* Universal Background Checks
* Gun Show Loophole
* Destruction/neutering of firearms preemption law allowing localities to make up their own gun control laws at will
* Open carry restrictions
* Gun CONFISCATIONS based on the low legal-standard “probably cause”
* Ban on loaded long guns in larger localities
* One Handgun a Month
* Restaurants and stores required to post sign if they ALLOW carry, and more.
You can follow all the gun bills during the session by clicking here: http://www2.vcdl.org/webapps/vcdl/2017leg.html
LAST CALL – buses and Pre-Lobby Day dinner
If you want a seat on a bus from Fairfax, Fredericksburg, Roanoke, or Lynchburg, you need to make that reservation by Saturday, January 14 before midnight. Email for reservation: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are going to attend the Pre-Lobby Day dinner, you need to make your reservation by Saturday, January 14 before midnight. Email for reservation: email@example.com
About Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL):
Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL). VCDL is an all-volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to defending the human rights of all Virginians. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a fundamental human right.
For more information, visit: www.vcdl.org.
This post Virginia Pro-Gun Bills Advance & Anti-Gun Bills Continue To Pour In appeared first on AmmoLand.com Shooting Sports News .