(Before It's News)
Some have questioned if Donald Trump will govern as a conservative. While I am certain that he will fade away at times from a conservative agenda, it is clear from the people he has selected in his cabinet and the groundwork of his agenda that he will govern as a conservative. Here are a few people he has selected and a few conservative points he has made to suggest that he will govern as a conservative.
1. Pence – Trump had to gain confidence with conservatives and his number one pick was to bring in Governor Mike Pence as his running mate. Pence has taken control of the transition team and may become one of the most influential vice presidents ever.
2. Supreme Court – Trump was not shy about the type of justices he would nominate to the US Supreme Court. With Justice Antonin Scalia’s passing, the direction of the court weighed on the next president. Trump has comprised a list of 21 conservative justices who would carry the torch of representing the US Constitution for years to come.
3. Attorney General Jeff Sessions – A staunch conservative who will fight against corruption in a non-partisan way.
4. Ben Carson – Sec of Housing and Urban Development. This man came out of the ghetto of Detroit to become one of the most successful individuals in American history. A Christian conservative who believes in working hard to become all you can be.
5. Tom Price – Sec. of Health and Human Services. He has been the biggest critic of Obamacare and as a physician; he will lay the groundwork for the repeal.
6. Betsy DeVos – Sec. of Education – She has been a supporter of state rights for Education and providing competition for education through Charter Schools and voucher programs for those in areas of struggling schools.
7. Homeland protection – With Generals John Kelly (Homeland Security), Michael Flynn (National Security Advisor) and James Mattis (Sec. of Defense), I can not think of a great list of advisors in the ear of Trump to keep America safe.
8. Scott Pruit – Sec of EPA – There is no one better to run the EPA than the man who is suing the EPA. This is my most ironic pick. He will move to get rid of so many regulations that are hurting our country.
9. Rick Perry – Sec. of Energy. Perry has actually called for the elimination of the Energy Dept. This dept. should actually be the Dept. of non-Energy. They do not create energy but only place regulations to limit energy.
10. Mick Mulvaney – Office of Management and Budget. This Tea Party supporter who supports the conservative House Freedom Caucus and led the effort to force out House Speaker John Boehner. Trump said, “Mulvaney has long been a strong voice in Congress for reining in out-of-control spending, fighting government waste and enacting tax policies that will allow working Americans to thrive.”
11. Stephen Bannon – Chief Strategist. A man that I had the pleasure of speaking to in the past. The strategist and campaign manager behind Trump winning. A conservative businessman, media executive, navy officer, and banker. He has connections and his news corporation of Breitbart News provided conservatives with the actual truth away from the liberal media.
12. A hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health).
13. A requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated.
14. A 5-year ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service and a ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government with a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.
15. Renegotiate NAFTA with our withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
16. Begin vital energy infrastructure projects like the Keystone Pipeline.
17. Cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama.
18. Cancel all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities
19. Begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won’t take them back
20. Suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting.
21. Reduction in Taxes.
22. Create a Task Force On Violent Crime and increasing funding for programs that train and assist local police; increases resources for federal law enforcement agencies and federal prosecutors to dismantle criminal gangs and put violent offenders behind bars.
23. Rebuilds our military by eliminating the defense sequester and expanding military investment.
24. Provide our veterans with the ability to receive public VA treatment or attend the private doctor of their choice.
This is by means everything. I did not mention the wall, which Paul Ryan is against. Trump will not only need to fight Democrats, he will need to fight those in his own party. Trump most likely will not be able to get everything done; but if he were to get 80% done, I will be happy as a conservative. There are many people in his ear, but I like most of those he has put within shouting distance to keep him focused on a conservative agenda. Those against Trump, like Larry Baca, are not so much fearful that Trump will fail, Baca is more fearful that Trump will succeed.
Frank Aquila is president of the South San Joaquin Republicans and author of the book, “Sarah Palin Out of Nowhere.” He can be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org
The post President Trump will govern as a Conservative appeared first on Tea Party Tribune.