(Before It's News)
A cruise ship is an excellent place to spend a romantic vacation. You can get away from the daily grind and the pressures of work, children or family and drift away at sea with your sweetheart. Even better, you’ll get to stop at exotic ports of call and explore new locations together. What could be better? If you’re planning a romantic cruise, though, you’ll want to be sure that you choose just the right one.
If you’re looking for to get away from it all with someone you love, a cruise ship populated by families with rambunctious children or college students on spring break is likely not the right choice for you. Instead, you’ll want to choose a cruise that’s tailor-made for couples who are looking for a romantic retreat. Here are few cruises for couples, just in time for Valentine’s Day.
- Royal Princess. Aboard the new Royal Princess of Princess Cruise lines, you and your special someone can sail to Caribbean or European locations. Princess after all is synonymous with the Love Boat. The ship offers specialty restaurants, so if you want to indulge in a romantic Italian dinner, you can do so at Sabatinis or for a steakhouse try the Crown Grill. Princess will also provide breakfast on your balcony with a bottle of champagne. There are nightclubs, theaters, and cocktail lounges aboard the ship, as well as fun spots like a calypso reef and pool or the Lotus Spa where you can have a couples massage. Rent a private cabana for the day in the adult only Sanctuary, or perhaps for the entire week. If you’re thinking about getting married aboard a cruise, Princess Cruise’s Hearts and Minds Wedding Chapel can make that happen. If you aren’t that far along yet, but need some help popping the question, ask about the multimedia marriage proposal package that will allow you to make it memorable by proposing via the ship’s “Movies Under the Stars” videoscreen. You will tend to find some families onboard the Royal Princess.
- Wind Star. You can be assured that your cruise on the Wind Star of Windstar Cruises won’t be packed full of people, as they book fewer than 150 passengers per cruise. This helps to set the scene for an intimate cruise, perfect for a romantic interlude. Dine in style at the on-board restaurant AmphorA, or opt for the in-room “Romance Dinner” that consists of foods with aphrodisiac qualities served to romantic music piped in from an iPod through the cabin’s speakers. There are even romantic dessert choices including the “Fantasy of Fresh Strawberries Caressed by Decadent Chocolate Ganache with Kisses of Chantilly Cream Aroused with Pernod.”
- Oceania Cruises. Oceania Cruises has some wonderful itineraries for romantic trips to Europe. Take for example their Romance & Rivieras. On this itinerary you enjoy the history and romance of cities like Rome and Florence, followed by time in the French and Spanish Rivieras. Watch the sun set over the Tuscan Hillas from a trattoria in historic San Gimignano. Shops among the ebullient boutiques of sunny and scintillating Saint-Tropez. Onboard Oceania ships there is no additional charge for specialty dining where you will find a gourmet culinary program created by world-renowned Master Chef Jacques Pepin. Because the ships are mid-sized, you visit boutique ports and seaside villages that large ships cannot access. There is a high staff to guest ratio ensuring prompt and personal attention. For foodies we recommend taking cooking classes together during sea days or taking a wine tasting seminar.
- Azamara Club Cruises are unique from many other cruise lines, as they offer over night in major ports throughout the world, allowing you time to enjoy the cities in the evening with romantic dinners and excursions. Some of the romantic cities you stay overnight include Venice, Florence, Barcelona, Berlin, Iceland and the Bedoin Desert where you stay in a luxury tent.
- Paul Gaugin Cruises. Paul Gaugin cruises one of the most beautiful regions…Tahiti, French Polynesia and the South Pacific. Due to the long flights & expense, you see mainly only couples traveling with this cruise line.
What are some of the most romantic places to cruise? Out top 5 list is Venice, Italy, Santorini, Greece, the Norwegian Fjords, Australia & Paris. A cruise is the perfect setting for a romantic vacation, as long as you choose the right one. When you plan your vacation, look for those special touches that indicate that it’s just right for you and your sweetheart.
The post Most Romantic Cruise Lines appeared first on .